Which Woman would have been Best for Rory?

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Re: Which Woman would have been Best for Rory?

Postby M.felix » 03 Apr 2016, 23:17

It is wrong to think he would be alive because of her, even as she married pregnant Johan Verminnen their marriage was in Brazil.
M.felix

Postby capo » 04 Apr 2016, 03:06

Wrong M. Felix! That is a photo of Rory with the author Jean-Noel Coghe's 16 year old daughter Leslie. I won't address your other ramblings. Maybe dear Cynthia or Jay Jay can post the photos of Rory with Catherine.
capo

Postby CiaSeattle » 04 Apr 2016, 03:32

I knew I should have started a new thread to ask about the photos. Thank you, capo for letting me know where to look.
CiaSeattle

Postby Jay Jay » 04 Apr 2016, 09:10

Leslie ~ Catherine ~ Rory.jpg
Leslie ~ Catherine ~ Rory.jpg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Jay Jay

Postby bronyr » 04 Apr 2016, 10:47

M.felix wrote:this photo is the forum in Photo finish. I think it's the photo in question, the expression of Rory strikes me is closed, but in fact he did not like it.

The truth is, M.felix, Rory and Catherine remained friends from the time they met until he passed away.
bronyr

Postby RobertaSparrow » 04 Apr 2016, 10:49

Jay Jay wrote:

Thanks for posting the photo Jay Jay. I need to sit down with my desktop computer and figure out how best to post photos directly to the site.

IMO Rory was a complex person, surrounded by friends and family who loved and cared for him, probably more than he realized, and although his life took a harsh turn toward the end, the people around him tried to do what they thought best for him. It's like everything in life, we can look back and think, "If only I'd turned here, or done that, if only I could go back," but we can't and maybe that is how it is supposed to be. Dwelling on all the what ifs in life can drive a person mad, and as they say hindsight is 20/20. All our lives in this existence are finite, and perhaps that is as it is meant to be. I believe we are all here in this life to learn from it, and when it ends, the spirit within goes on to the next lesson.

Lets remember him with love, kindness and positivity, and remember Rory lived a full life in those 47 years doing what he loved to do. And he says it himself with his own words in his song:

(BTW, I think this one should have been released as a single in the 70s, but then again, if Rory had wanted to do that, he would have. I love this song though ;) )
RobertaSparrow

Postby ailish78 » 04 Apr 2016, 12:03

Thank you for the song Cynthia. That is a good one. And thank you all for the photos of Catherine and Rory. I think he did LIKE her but circumstances never allowed them to get together. Also I'd like to thank you for your words Cynthia. I wish you all great Monday. :)
ailish78

Postby bronyr » 04 Apr 2016, 19:29

RobertaSparrow wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:

Thanks for posting the photo Jay Jay. I need to sit down with my desktop computer and figure out how best to post photos directly to the site.

IMO Rory was a complex person, surrounded by friends and family who loved and cared for him, probably more than he realized, and although his life took a harsh turn toward the end, the people around him tried to do what they thought best for him. It's like everything in life, we can look back and think, "If only I'd turned here, or done that, if only I could go back," but we can't and maybe that is how it is supposed to be. Dwelling on all the what ifs in life can drive a person mad, and as they say hindsight is 20/20. All our lives in this existence are finite, and perhaps that is as it is meant to be. I believe we are all here in this life to learn from it, and when it ends, the spirit within goes on to the next lesson.

Lets remember him with love, kindness and positivity, and remember Rory lived a full life in those 47 years doing what he loved to do. And he says it himself with his own words in his song:

(BTW, I think this one should have been released as a single in the 70s, but then again, if Rory had wanted to do that, he would have. I love this song though ;) )

Perfectly said, thank you Cynthia!
bronyr

Postby lollylolly » 08 Apr 2016, 18:18

I'm passionate about Rory's music as well as his life, I do not know if he really had the loves Rory but certainly if it had been loved would not die so young and alone. Today may present many women (even the most beautiful of the world) but there is little point, I am convinced that if Rory had been truly loved, as he deserved, he might have won his battle
Attachments
stessi gusti.JPG
similar tastes
lollylolly

Postby RobertaSparrow » 09 Apr 2016, 21:15

lollylolly wrote:I'm passionate about Rory's music as well as his life, I do not know if he really had the loves Rory but certainly if it had been loved would not die so young and alone. Today may present many women (even the most beautiful of the world) but there is little point, I am convinced that if Rory had been truly loved, as he deserved, he might have won his battle

He was very ill toward the end, but he was not unloved, and he did not die alone.
RobertaSparrow

PreviousNext

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE