Rory's Collaborations with Ladies?

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: Rory's Collaborations with Ladies?

Postby bullfrogger » 08 Jul 2011, 07:43

What about Rory playing with some more modern "Blues Guitar Women", Ana Popovic, Sue Foley, Erja Lyytinen, Carolyn Wonderland... I think any of these would work.. 8-)
bullfrogger

Postby Simone67 » 08 Jul 2011, 11:39

..yeah,all of those are good choices I reckon..but Rory didn`t mind jamming with all sorts of artists in the Blues/Jazz/Folk genre. And for a jamming session he did not seem to be too bothered if they were drunk.-What about the jamming with that Scottish fella with hat on(who`se name escapes my memory at moment...) on Rockpalast dvd doing "Walkin`the dog " etc....you`re not telling me he wasn`t on something big style ?!?!! 8-)
Simone67

Postby innuendo » 08 Jul 2011, 11:44

i'm really not into old blues or country but i think it would be nice if rory collaborated with emmylou harris like she did with mark knopfler few years ago. oh and i gotta say i never liked janis joplin, i'm glad rory didn't work with her. i'm happy he collaborated with guys, rather than with girls
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Sinner Girl » 08 Jul 2011, 12:00

innuendo wrote:i'm really not into old blues or country but i think it would be nice if rory collaborated with emmylou harris like she did with mark knopfler few years ago. oh and i gotta say i never liked janis joplin, i'm glad rory didn't work with her. i'm happy he collaborated with guys, rather than with girls

This attitude is very macho why would not cooperate with women, and do not get you guys so you're against Janis, but well someone does not like blues,Rory played the blues they just introduced to another level. ;) ;) ;) ;) Like Frankie Miller is so very drunk( he could hardly walk on stage) when he played with Rory but these guys does not bother you but if Janis does a this a big deal - no offense to everyone but this time i defending women in rock (I am now and feminist)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby innuendo » 08 Jul 2011, 12:23

Sinner Girl wrote:
innuendo wrote:i'm really not into old blues or country but i think it would be nice if rory collaborated with emmylou harris like she did with mark knopfler few years ago. oh and i gotta say i never liked janis joplin, i'm glad rory didn't work with her. i'm happy he collaborated with guys, rather than with girls

This attitude is very macho why would not cooperate with women, and do not get you guys so you're against Janis, but well someone does not like blues,Rory played the blues they just introduced to another level. ;) ;) ;) ;) Like Frankie Miller is so very drunk( he could hardly walk on stage) when he played with Rory but these guys does not bother you but if Janis does a this a big deal - no offense to everyone but this time i defending women in rock (I am now and feminist)

i'm just saying that i don't like her music, nothig to do with the fact that she was a woman. i like some ladies of rock like ann wilson, candice night, those 2 girls from abba (ok, that's pop). janis just don't do anything for me
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Simone67 » 08 Jul 2011, 13:20

@ Milka...thank`s,"Frankie Miller " !! Taht`s the guy who`se name I could not remember in my previous post ! :D ...
I have always loved Janis ,especially with Big Brother & Holding Company ! She lived the Blues to it`s fullest. I think Rory toured with her and Blind Faith,and some others, some years ago. What a bunch...brill!

Ann & Nancy Wilson are so great,too,them and Rory would have made a fine musical collaboration I think !

I would also have loved to see Rory and Eva Cassidy live at Blues Alley !!! :)
Simone67

Postby Sinner Girl » 08 Jul 2011, 13:33

Simone67 wrote:@ Milka...thank`s,"Frankie Miller " !! Taht`s the guy who`se name I could not remember in my previous post ! :D ...
I have always loved Janis ,especially with Big Brother & Holding Company ! She lived the Blues to it`s fullest. I think Rory toured with her and Blind Faith,and some others, some years ago. What a bunch...brill!

Ann & Nancy Wilson are so great,too,them and Rory would have made a fine musical collaboration I think !

I would also have loved to see Rory and Eva Cassidy live at Blues Alley !!! :)

Ha, ha I love your post, and great musician you mentions I love your choice
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby JimLED » 08 Jul 2011, 15:16

Sorry guys, I can't recon more woman's name in blues/ rock. Im sitting now and trying to remember, but can get no one. :(
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Micky » 08 Jul 2011, 17:53

bullfrogger wrote:What about Rory playing with some more modern "Blues Guitar Women", Ana Popovic, Sue Foley, Erja Lyytinen, Carolyn Wonderland... I think any of these would work.. 8-)

Yeah i've noticed quite a few young blues-women in there 20s & 30s in the HMV blues basement with people like DANI WILDE & SUE FOLEY all young and good looking but all playing bottleneck-slide & blues guitar.
Last edited by Micky on 08 Jul 2011, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Micky

Postby Micky » 08 Jul 2011, 21:48

Just listening to believe it or not TINA TURNER singing an album worth of blues songs??.

RORY GALLAGHER & TINA TURNER i reckon it could have worked cos she CAN sing blues song very well rather then her better known rock songs.
Micky

PreviousNext

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES