Still Have Trouble Watching Rory in Later Years?

This forum is designed to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: Still Have Trouble Watching Rory in Later Years?

Postby Sinner Girl » 14 Jul 2011, 12:37

I never noticed hair changes really . But on Irish tour 1974 have CURLY, and short . All I know that I love his hair :lol: :oops:
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Micky » 14 Jul 2011, 13:05

Sinner Girl wrote:I never noticed hair changes really . But on Irish tour 1974 have CURLY, and short . All I know that I love his hair :lol: :oops:

That probably means that your 'blinded by love' Sinner Girl ;)
Micky

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jul 2011, 13:28

Micky wrote:one thing that i noticed about Rory at the end of his performing life was that he had his hair PERMED and cut shorter?.

Sinner Girl wrote:I never noticed hair changes really . But on Irish tour 1974 have CURLY and short . All I know that I love his hair :lol: :oops:

1974 is the only time in his musical career from 1967 on wards .. That Rory had is hair similar to in his later year as Sinner Girl pointed out ..

Can I tell you the longer the hair is the straighter it gets because of the weight. As Rosemarie says also if it's wet or sweaty and layered it curls even more ..
Rory no way had a perm but maybe he did color his roots in later years ;)
Jay Jay

Postby Sinner Girl » 14 Jul 2011, 13:38

Jay Jay wrote:
Micky wrote:one thing that i noticed about Rory at the end of his performing life was that he had his hair PERMED and cut shorter?.

Sinner Girl wrote:I never noticed hair changes really . But on Irish tour 1974 have CURLY and short . All I know that I love his hair :lol: :oops:

1974 is the only time in his musical career from 1967 on wards .. That Rory had is hair similar to in his later year as Sinner Girl pointed out ..

Can I tell you the longer the hair is the straighter it gets because of the weight. As Rosemaire says also if it's wet or sweaty and layered it curls even more ..
Rory no way had a perm but maybe he did color his roots in later years ;)

That is true(what Rosemaire says) i have curly hair also , but when is longer that is straighter because of the weight. When i have short hair i look like sheep :lol: :lol: :lol:

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Rosemarie » 14 Jul 2011, 15:16

That's not such a baa -d thing Sinner Girl! Sorry, just couldn't resist it.
Rosemarie

Postby innuendo » 14 Jul 2011, 18:08

irish tour concert is the most famous rory concert and certainly the one the most people watched out of all rory's concerts. but his hair in IT is not what i would say classic rory hair, it was a bit too short, i'm accustomed to his hair being longer like before '74 and after '74
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jul 2011, 18:50

innuendo wrote:irish tour concert is the most famous rory concert and certainly the one the most people watched out of all rory's concerts. but his hair in IT is not what i would say classic rory hair, it was a bit too short, i'm accustomed to his hair being longer like before '74 and after '74

That's right Kruno, anyone that followed Rory throughout the 70's and early 80's were a little taken back when Rory had his hair cut shorter in 1974 ..

I've followed Rory non stop for nearly 39 years now and the picture on the LIVE IN EUROPE album 1972 ..

is always as I'll forever see Rory now because that's how over ALL the concerts and years ..

RORY'S APPEARANCE WAS MOST CONSISTENTLY VISUALLY.. length of hair shape of face ~ check shirt battered strat..

Check my reputation check my pose :D
Jay Jay

Postby Tokeiihto » 14 Jul 2011, 19:56

Jay Jay wrote:RORY'S APPEARANCE WAS MOST CONSISTENTLY VISUALLY.. length of hair shape of face ~ CHECK SHIRT battered strat..
CHECK MY REPUTATION check my pose :D
EMPHASIS MINE

Hm, that brings to mind an interview I've read not that long ago.
Right now we're draining our glasses and, as a parting shot, I'm asking Rory why he isn't wearing his trademark lumberjack's shirt. Curiously, it's a throwaway question, which appears to disconcert him more than any other single subject.

"At the moment, I just can't wear them to be honest with you,” he says mournfully. "I know it's peculiar but it's just a psychological thing. That demin jacket and check shirt have become like a stigmata to me. I never treated it as a uniform but that's what it has become over the years, a uniform that I just don't want to wear anymore. Lately, I wear an ordinary black shirt and a black jacket when I'm on stage. Right now, I feel a lot happier in black."
You can look up the whole thing here: http://www.rory-gallagher-tributepage.de/rory1/rorygallagherstory.htm.

Perhaps that sentiment also accounts for his shorter hair - which was nearly uniformly long (apart from the that short '74 periode) his entire career and therefore automatically became part of his appearance - in the later years. Just a theory, though. After all many people tend to undergo some (visual) changes when they grow older.
"From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying." (B. Dylan)
Tokeiihto

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jul 2011, 20:18

Tokeiihto wrote: After all many people tend to undergo some (visual) changes when they grow older

Rory was not old when he passed away " 47 IS NO AGE " people are expected to grow twice this age now ..

BUT RORY was not a normal average guy.. RORY lived the life of X TIMES TEN any normal male would ever live.

30 US tours .. Gigging around the world more HARD WORKING than any other artist has ever done!
Jay Jay

Postby Sinner Girl » 14 Jul 2011, 20:25

Tokeiihto wrote: After all many people tend to undergo some (visual) changes when they grow older

[quote Jay Jay]Rory was not old when he passed away " 47 IS NO AGE " people are expected to grow twice this age now ..

BUT RORY was not a normal average guy.. RORY lived the life of X TIMES TEN any normal male would ever live.

30 US tours .. Gigging around the world more HARD WORKING than any other artist has ever done![/quote Jay Jay]

Yes that true ;) ;) ;)

Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

PreviousNext

Return to RORY'S "Loose Talk" with Tasteful Topics & Rockin' Blues Tunes