Still Have Trouble Watching Rory in Later Years?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Still Have Trouble Watching Rory in Later Years?

Postby Jay Jay » 15 Jul 2011, 10:38

Sinner Girl wrote:Please put JJ this pic ;) ;)

rory gallagher foto3.jpg

I've got some more on disc somewhere
Rory the older checkered shirted wizard :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby Sinner Girl » 15 Jul 2011, 12:43

Great pic JJ on Rory this shirts really look good on him ;) ;) , and love the first pic too ;) ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby innuendo » 15 Jul 2011, 20:27

Jay Jay wrote:
Sinner Girl wrote:Please put JJ this pic ;) ;)

rory gallagher foto3.jpg

I've got some more on disc somewhere
Rory the older checkered shirted wizard :)

he preferred wearing black in his later years so this checkered shirt is combination of old and new rory style
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby JimLED » 16 Jul 2011, 01:50

Classic red checkered shirt! :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Reid » 18 Jul 2011, 02:27

I haven't been around much lately so I'm coming into this discussion late. I thought it was just me. Watching Rory in his later years is absolutely painful in my opinion. The Youtube vids show that contrast very dramatically. There are times he's barely there. And it might be just me but I didn't care for his band in the later years either. Maybe I'm jaded but without Gerry there was just no energy.
Reid

Postby SUBY1974 » 22 Jul 2011, 22:18

I think Rory had natural curly hair like me. I have used hair staighteners (GHDs) for the last 6 years now . When it rains the hair does curl up. Thank God for hair straighteners!!They were an answer to my long awaited prayers and bad hair days!! No I love Rory's hair long, straight, curly whatever. I also saw a T.V programme quite recently where men in the 70's did perm there hair with curlers etc. It was hilarious. I just can't see Rory doing that somehow. However the poodle perm of my teenage years in the late 80's was just awful. I mean one washed it, diffused dried it and held all that big hair with hairspray. Looked like an electric shock had gone one's hair LOL! Brian May's curly hair is lovely though. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby JimLED » 22 Jul 2011, 22:23

Nice post, Suby ! :)

However the poodle perm of my teenage years in the late 80's was just awful

Can't imagine! :))
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby mike6262 » 05 Aug 2011, 19:09

I mostly agree, I enjoy earlier Rory DVD's . But the 1987 Vienna show, is marvelous Rory and his tech are fighting feedback and radio signals coming through his rig, but Rory plays on with much gusto and as much emotion as I have ever seen. Great DVD!
mike6262

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Aug 2011, 10:46

mike6262 wrote:I mostly agree, I enjoy earlier Rory DVD's . But the 1987 Vienna show, is marvelous Rory and his tech are fighting feedback and radio signals coming through his rig, but Rory plays on with much gusto and as much emotion as I have ever seen. Great DVD!

Hi Mike, Yes I tend to agree..
This and performances lke Cork Opera House in 1987 are excellent .. I don't really include them.. At the start of this topic I did state Rory's last 5 years.
Jay Jay

Postby mike6262 » 06 Aug 2011, 18:47

Yes you did say the last 5 years. Couldn't resist commenting on the Vienna show. This is really a great topic, I had thought about this very thing for years and had never discussed it with anyone for whatever reason. In the last 5 years as you noted, sometimes i felt he was going through the motions somewhat at times. I think Rory would have changed directions musically if he had not passed away. I think a lot of musicians look for new directions at Rory's age. I am a working musician since 1977 (I was 15 years old) and I certainly did at 40 years old.
mike6262

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome