Rory Artwork ~ drawings & paintings

There's something burning deep inside of me and she's the only one who can set me free..

Re: Rory Artwork ~ drawings & paintings

Postby Dwana Horner » 13 Jul 2011, 19:28

This Celtic Cover would've looked amazing on 'Wheels Within Wheels" I hated that death mask cover and I pasted a
nicer photo of Rory over it. I dont need a daily reminder that he's gone.
Dwana Horner

Postby SUBY1974 » 22 Jul 2011, 21:54

Dwana Horner wrote:This Celtic Cover would've looked amazing on 'Wheels Within Wheels" I hated that death mask cover and I pasted a
nicer photo of Rory over it. I dont need a daily reminder that he's gone.

Hi Dwana, Yes when i first saw the picture of Rory of the Wheels Within Wheels Album I just gasped! I do like abstract art. I read the interview regarding the making of Wheels Within Wheels by Donal and it was an amazing interview from 2003. Here is the full interview:-

http://www.rory-gallagher-tributepage.d ... lagher.htm

I also have a few things to tell you that has happened over the last couple of months and its been mind-blowing. I will fill you in over the weekend. Hope you are well. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby diana » 30 Sep 2011, 19:06

It's taken me ages to finally get around to drawing the great man, but here it is. It's in coloured pencil. He is surrounded by Christ being devoured by serpents, and his beloved Ireland. At first it looks bright and jovial but, looking closer it is disturbing because I wanted to convey both his guileless joy and his dark, persistent demons. Image
Music is the best.
diana

Postby SUBY1974 » 30 Sep 2011, 22:52

Very lovely picture Diana. Really nice. I love the texture and colours. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Oct 2011, 11:39

diana wrote:It's taken me ages to finally get around to drawing the great man, but here it is. It's in coloured pencil. He is surrounded by Christ being devoured by serpents, and his beloved Ireland. At first it looks bright and jovial but, looking closer it is disturbing because I wanted to convey both his guileless joy and his dark, persistent demons. Image

Hi Diana,

As a former art college student and finished graphic designer's point of view ..
I love this composition. Although you've explained it to us above. To an on looker not knowing what your thoughts were, it will have many different aspects and interpretations to the individual. Which is always an essential part to any masterpiece imho..
To me personally in all the beautiful colours and tones in this Shadow Play :) I'm glad you've captured (centre piece) Just The Smile still as a contrast :)

Slainte for sharing, Jay Jay
If you love Rory Gallagher and his music checkout my Rory Gallagher & Tasteful friends facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rory-Gallagher-Tasteful-friends/264091733628126
Jay Jay

Postby Rick K » 09 Oct 2011, 12:47

Really diggin` it Diane !!!!

You did a great piece there !!!
All pretty and smiley on the surface with demons close at hand.........
just like life itself !!!

Thanks for sharing, Rick
Rick K

Postby diana » 10 Oct 2011, 15:02

I'm thrilled you guys like it!! Wow. Totally flattered. Yes - his smile is the calm in the storm, like music was in his life. His delight in his music is like a kid's - it's so touching.
Music is the best.
diana

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Oct 2011, 21:33

Rory fans what do you think to all these Rory pieces of artwork???????????????

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/ben- ... ryid=81634

Personally I think Diana's is much better than any of those :)
If you love Rory Gallagher and his music checkout my Rory Gallagher & Tasteful friends facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rory-Gallagher-Tasteful-friends/264091733628126
Jay Jay

Postby asdesas » 14 Oct 2011, 04:33

Diana your picture is fantastic, thanks for sharing it with us. The mix of portraiture and the symbolic elements is beautifully done--very Rory!

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby Simone67 » 14 Oct 2011, 11:05

...Congratulations,Diana !! Absolutely wonderful,just wonderful...everything you have intended to express-most impressive !! Thank you !...What a talent ! x
Simone67

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Paintings & Artwork