Rory's "Gift" ~ A whispered in my ear..a poem ~

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: Something "Rory" whispered in my ear..a poem

Postby Dwana Horner » 15 Jun 2012, 17:51

Subrata
This year..total peace on this date of Rory's passing..this moring I was looking for a song: Lad O'beirne's
: "THE SILVER SPEAR.

It's the happiest Irish Reel I ever heard in my life..and for years..tried to find it on You tube..his version..not a similation
of the song..I wanted the "Original"
Well someone posted Lad O'Beirne's song as he recorded it long ago..sadly this man never recored his music when
he moved to America..he passed away in 1980..
I see this as another wish Rory granted for me..my story..sticking to it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dwana Horner

Postby SUBY1974 » 17 Jun 2012, 20:56

I just heard this music now it lovely Dwana. I do feel that if Rory can he does answer requests. For e.g when I bought Oliver Tobin's book "A Star Was Born In My Brothers Band", I did wonder what Rory was like as a teenager in the showbands and how did he sound like and play and then the next month all this wonderful recordings and memorabilia comes out on it that Tim O'leary shared with Rory fans and Eamon Sullivan released all those cine footage for fans. I was absolutely thrilled and grateful to them cos of it.
I think I did tell you that in the week of the Ealing Blues Festival in 2011 I bought the Wheels Within Wheels album as I am getting into folklore much more now, as well as acoustic blues. I learning that on my guitar. Anyway I was reading in it that Rory wrote a song called Bratacha Dubha with Martin McCathy ( guitarist who I saw at Kings Place), Brian Newman ( guitarist) and his wife the Irish Harpist Maire Ni Cathasaigh and how Rory played with them at the Troubadour Club. Prior to that I kept seeing the word Troubadour in load of books etc when I hadn't seen it before. Well I go to the Ealing Blues Festival and my cousin Anjan suddenly goes "I heard Rory on radio ( very rare these days as we know) and did you know that he played a few times with my guitarist friend Geoff Garbow at the Troubadour Club?" Now its not unusual for guitarists to have met Rory but I thought it was a little strange that in the week I buy this Wheels to Wheels Album and read about THE TROUBADOUR CLUB in THE SAME week Anjan saying Geoff Garbow also played with Rory there??I later went to visit the Troubadour and found its an artistic haven for musicians, actor, painters and writers!! Very nice and very nice venue. Even more weird as you know I am a qualified laughter therapist now since Scotland and it will help me with my motivatonal work and they host laughter classes upstairs!! I also need to sit with Geoff and ask him not only about his memories on Rory but also how to play fingerstyle guitar and about traditional music. I do grow green with envy at the fact my cousin's friend Geoff played with Rory but I feel Rory wants me to learn a few things from him. On Sunday 1st of July 2012 me and my writer pal Srabonti will launch THE SUNDAY BOOKCLUB in London. I think it was fate I met Srabonti but she wants to open a Writers Cafe in 2 years time and she would like to base it on THE TROUBADOUR. Well she heard me go on about so much I guess. She also says she understands I only love music as a hobby but has asked me to play there and I can play Rory's songs and anything else I like. My guitar playing has improved in the last two years dramatically and I am still practicing. Also since I got into Rory's music, folklore and acoustic blues my writing as improved with power and emotion. Blues and folklore is basically storytelling with emotion which a writer does.

Also with Susie from Seafieldfoxes she has recently bought a Les Paul 2008 Standard Reissue Electric Guitar for her solo work. She feels like the guitar was meant for her.Susie loves being in Seafieldfoxes but they haven't well if you listen to youtube on them you will see what I mean. Susie really isn't into grunge or punk. She likes Delta Blues and she felt guided to write her own album. Anyway her boyfriend knows this guy ( lets call him M cos I can't remember his name) who works p/t in a second hand record shop in Edinburgh and he has his own independant label. He doesn't like Seafieldfoxes stuff but he likes Susie's stuff. Now this M's father knew Rory. Rory gave his father this pick. Again nothing unusual about that but one day M and Susie and her boyfriend were discussing Rory, when in walks this customer to trade in Taste Albums at that moment!! Pretty surreal and Susie took it as a sign to continue and pursue with a solo song writing career cos her stuff is good and to sign with M's label. Also M's likes heavy metal music. You wouldn't think he would be into Rorys' music but he loves it!!Well you wouldn't think I am a rock chick and hippy at heart LOL!
Another thing was I saw Sinnerboy in May and I remember Barry Barnes offering to talk about acoustic guitars etc. Well they came to Ruislip just up the road from me on 25/05/2012 and I was shy about seeing them without Susie. However she had a gig in Scotland. Anyway suddenly I developed some confidence from nowhere to see them and I am glad I did cos it was so lovely to see the the guys. Barry was very nice and talked to me about guitars and they are all such wonderful musician and played so well that night. Susie needs to form a new band of her own to promote her music in time, but she doesn't like networking. Liz in Seafieldfoxes use to do that and always get folk from the grunge scene. Well it's a girl grunge band. After seeing Sinnerboy and after Barry gave me advice how Susie could find musicians, I told her straight "You just got to get out there". She says she felt Rory telling her that too. As a writer I have to network all the time. Its not easy cos of my shyness but I am getting there. Sorry I am really waffling now. I guess Rory does help where he can. Subrata. x
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 17 Jun 2012, 21:48, edited 3 times in total.
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 17 Jun 2012, 21:23

I feel since Rory entered mine and Susie's life we have grown confident as women who are now realising our inner beauty and feminine power. Its an incredible feeling. This year in 2012 i feel so empowered and strong.There are times I just feel pure joy especially from my writing and for Susie from her music. Love you Rory. x
SUBY1974

Postby Dwana Horner » 18 Jun 2012, 15:18

Subrata
We'll all see Rory one day and he will play a special concert for us all. 8-) 8-)
Dwana Horner

Postby SUBY1974 » 18 Jun 2012, 15:40

I know.x
SUBY1974

Postby Dwana Horner » 16 Aug 2013, 22:14

(Inspired by one glass of wine) :idea:

Rory's the Irish body guard, the Irish Hit man, The Teminator, Judge Dred, The Avenging Angel,
My personal "Thor" only his "Hammer's" his Axe..the junkyard dog when I have a bad dream, One man
Irish Mafia.. :lol: (My personal favorite) He's Machine Gun Kelly on stage, my Al Capone, Jesse James with a Strat,
A stick of normal dynamite untill someone lights his fuse.
(I miss anything? :lol: )
Oh, Irish TNT...BANG! He's got ya and all he has to do is get on stage and play his music
Dwana Horner

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 Aug 2013, 06:10

Dwana Horner wrote:(Inspired by one glass of wine) :idea:

Rory's the Irish body guard, the Irish Hit man, The Teminator, Judge Dred, The Avenging Angel,
My personal "Thor" only his "Hammer's" his Axe..the junkyard dog when I have a bad dream, One man
Irish Mafia.. :lol: (My personal favorite) He's Machine Gun Kelly on stage, my Al Capone, Jesse James with a Strat,
A stick of normal dynamite untill someone lights his fuse.
(I miss anything? :lol: )
Oh, Irish TNT...BANG! He's got ya and all he has to do is get on stage and play his music

;) or maybe inspired by his acting role in that German Taste video, an avenging angel, a protector . . . a guardian . . .
RobertaSparrow

Postby Dwana Horner » 24 Dec 2013, 00:53

"The Gift"

Rory, you were a "gift"
a smile, a hug.
The music you wrote bliss
8-)
I remember our words
you "stain" my soul, my heart
like a blessing from Lourdes

When in my dreams I "seek"
I have no fear, I'm brave,
I'm strong
I find you and I'm weak

You cover me with protection
my words you "hear", wishes
you may grant
Because Rory you're my
Irish perfection.
:)

(Just decided to put this here. It's been awhile since I've been
able to write something worth it and only one word popped into
my head "Gift".)
Dwana
Dwana Horner

Postby Jay Jay » 24 Dec 2013, 11:03

Dwana Horner wrote:"The Gift"

Rory, you were a "gift"
a smile, a hug.
The music you wrote bliss

I remember our words
you "stain" my soul, my heart
like a blessing with a kiss

Merry Christmas Dwana & too one and all :)

That's absolutely right, Rory he was so blessed with this 'gift' of great guitar playing and making and composing great music with it.

He then gave that 'gift' to us throughout all those many thousands of concert performances..
All around the world to us all like Santa giving gift's to the children :)
For those who weren't as lucky as you and I, to see Rory live in concert. That 'gift' of his is now kept in many forms of recordings..
Forever for prosperity for us all to hear and to see now.. and to be given maybe as a 'gift' at Christmastime ;)

Rock On for Rory
Best Wishes, JJ

PS. Excuse me for just changing a word or two in your poem. I just couldn't resist the kiss with the bliss xx
Jay Jay

Re: Rory's "Gift" ~ A whispered in my ear..a poem ~

Postby Dwana Horner » 24 Dec 2013, 16:49

Jay Jay..
Don't mind you changing a word or two. It's been too long since I've written anything, dry spell. "The Gift" took me an hour
and a half to finish." Sometimes Rory puts a word in my head and I'm on my own.. (smiles) I don't envy Writers.
(And I ready liked your page. )
Dwana
Dwana Horner

PreviousNext

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES