Rory As A Bluesman Vs. A Rock N Roller?

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Rory As A Bluesman Vs. A Rock N Roller?

Postby capo » 03 Jun 2019, 20:43

The new Rory Blues release is wonderful and showcases the many sides of his playing in that field. But it raised a question with me. What do I prefer, Rory as a Blues artist or a straight ahead Rock N Roller? Of course the Blues informs all of Rory's playing, it's in his body and soul, his DNA. What I am asking is IF you had to choose, which Rory do you love more? For instance,is it a live Off The Handle or a Tattoo'd Lady? Or a I Wonder Who or a Shadow Play? Personally, I love Rory the Rock N Roller more. How about you?
capo

Re: Rory As A Bluesman Vs. A Rock N Roller?

Postby Sid_Sidow » 03 Jun 2019, 22:51

Love it all, but I drift more towards rock and roller
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Jun 2019, 10:43

capo wrote:The new Rory Blues release is wonderful and showcases the many sides of his playing in that field. But it raised a question with me. What do I prefer, Rory as a Blues artist or a straight ahead Rock N Roller? Of course the Blues informs all of Rory's playing, it's in his body and soul, his DNA. What I am asking is IF you had to choose, which Rory do you love more? For instance,is it a live Off The Handle or a Tattoo'd Lady? Or a I Wonder Who or a Shadow Play? Personally, I love Rory the Rock N Roller more. How about you?

Sid_Sidow wrote:Love it all, but I drift more towards rock and roller

Hi Capo, long time no hear from you.
A great question.. I tend to agree with you and Sid and go on the side of Rory the rock n' roller more. Even though I love them all :)
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Jun 2019, 21:50

I always preferred the blues, but I love rock too. It was Rory's way with the blues though, for me.

RobertaSparrow

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM