Rockin' Rory New Year 2019

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Rockin' Rory New Year 2019

Postby Jay Jay » 05 Jan 2019, 15:27

Happy New Year to all Rory Fans and Friends around the world :)

I for one have marked lots of Rory Gallagher Festivals & Tribute gigs on my 2019 calendar already..
The big ones on Rory's Birthday The RG Festival Wijk aan Zee Holland. The RG International Festival Ballyshannon Ireland. The RG Festival Nantwich UK. The RG Festival Vienna Austria.
Plus many more Sinnerboy gigs, as retired from work now.. and Mrs Jay is doing a grand job, finding Barry Barnes & the Sinnerboys' more new venues around the UK..
For all you Rory fans / guys & girls to attend " In Your Town" or near you hopefully in 2019

25353956_1549476721756281_2781587066422572343_n.jpg

Hope to see you guys at a Rory Gallagher tribute soon ;)
Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: Rockin' Rory New Year 2019

Postby Jay Jay » 05 Jan 2019, 15:36

1st Sinnerboy gig a week today @ Alexanders Chester UK ;)

Rockin' on for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 10 Jan 2019, 22:06

I can't believe that there aren't any other members on here that haven't got any Rory Gallagher related plans / tribute gigs for 2019?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Sid_Sidow » 11 Jan 2019, 02:00

Sorry, from the US (too bad none here!)
And making plans for 2020 in Ballyshannon.

I just continue to spread the word of Rory to people I meet here!!
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Jan 2019, 19:51

Jay Jay wrote:I can't believe that there aren't any other members on here that haven't got any Rory Gallagher related plans / tribute gigs for 2019?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay

Sorry Jay Jay for the late reply. Its been a busy Christmas/New Year and we were celebrating my cousin's Anjan's birthday in Covent Garden, London yesterday. Anyone visiting London, the food is great in Covent Garden! :0)
BTW I wanted to say. Cork Rocks For Rory and Ger 2019 will go ahead this summer. Both Ceara (Ger's daughter) and Barry (Sinnerboy) confirmed it with me. They should have announcement soon.
Susie and I hopefully will go this summer and in addition to that we are visiting Blackrock Castle in Cork. In Rory At The Savoy 1972, you can see the castle in the background, while Rory was being interviewed and in an article in 1977 about Rory, Donal is pictured at the castle. Also I went to Greenwich and the Royal Observatory last summer. Blackrock has an observatory as well and it will be great to see the exhibition on space and astronomy.
We will also be going to The Spaniard pub for lunch in Kinsale. Rory loved this pub and could relax there, while not on tour.
We will be visiting a famous Buddhist monastery in Beara, Cork. A work colleague's family comes from Cork and her brother adores Rory and knows one of Rory's relatives. She told me about the monastery and the views of West Ireland from there is said to be spectacular.
Rory I believe spoke about Buddhism with Rod and he liked the author Hesse. Hesse wrote Siddhartha, which is based on Buddhist principals.
We also hope to go to the Ring of Kerry. My former Manager Noreen recommended this place. Her brother use to do Rory's festival concert lights.
In 2013 we did The Rory Gallagher Pilgrimage Irish Tour. In 2019 , I feel we will be doing The Rory Gallagher West Ireland and Cork Tour. :0)
I will take plenty of pictures as always and post then on FB and LT forum. As women with love our clothes and girly shopping in Cork. :0). So we will spend plenty of time there.
I am putting my holiday leave tomorrow for Cork. So Rock On For Rory 2019!!!Subrata.:0).
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 15 Jan 2019, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Jan 2019, 02:39

Jay Jay wrote:I can't believe that there aren't any other members on here that haven't got any Rory Gallagher related plans / tribute gigs for 2019?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay

Wish I could afford it, but it's so expensive. :(

RobertaSparrow

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM