Donal Speaks Before Jacques Stotzem Tribute to RG at Cork Li

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Donal Speaks Before Jacques Stotzem Tribute to RG at Cork Li

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Jul 2018, 19:45

https://m.facebook.com/groups/144217132 ... p_activity
FB link showing Donal speaking before Jacques Stotzem ( I have his tribute album to Rory and I learn alot from his acoustic guitar playing) tribute to Rory Gallagher at The Rory Gallagher Music Library in Cork . Subrata.
I would have loved to have seen Rory's book collection

NEWS & EVENTS
Remembering Rory Exhibition
JULY 3RD, 2018
The Rory Gallagher Music Library is celebrating 40 years of service to the music loving public of Cork since 1978.
The 'Remembering Rory' Exhibition opens at 7:00pm on Thursday 5 July at the City Library, Grand Parade, Cork..
with a concert of Rory Gallagher songs with Belgian Acoustic Guitarist, Jacques Stotzem:

Memorabilia from the Gallagher family of the internationally renowned Cork musician including some of his instruments as well as Rory's personal book collection will be on display amongst other original Rory Gallagher items until Friday 31 August (Mon-Sat) joining with this celebration to mark 40 years of the Cork City Music Library named in Rory Gallagher's honour.
Jacques Stotzem, Belgian guitar virtuoso will perform a selection of Rory’s songs on the night of the opening. In “To Rory” Stotzem recalls his guitar hero’s dynamic playing and, as he says, “unmatched musicality” by presenting the music on solo acoustic guitar.

This is a free event, everyone is welcome.
SUBY1974

Re: Donal Speaks Before Jacques Stotzem Tribute to RG at Cor

Postby SUBY1974 » 11 Jul 2018, 13:32

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Ror ... 1a388d6-ds
Exhibition lasts until 31/8/2018.
It would have been nice if this Rory exhibition had been run simultaneously with the Cork Rocks For Rory 2018.
SUBY1974

Re: Donal Speaks Before Jacques Stotzem Tribute to RG at Cor

Postby RobertaSparrow » 30 Jul 2018, 20:24

I would have liked to have seen that. I would also love to take a look at Rory's own personal music collection. If Donal could make a list of those titles, that would be endlessly fascinating, to go through Rory's favorite selections of music which he found inspiring, and influencing.

I bet there would be a few surprises in that collection as well.
RobertaSparrow

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM