Finding Rory

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Finding Rory

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Apr 2018, 18:05

I'm always happily surprised to find Rory mentioned unexpectedly.

"47 Awesome Guitar Solos," to learn, and number 5 on the list- Bad Penny. :)

http://tomguitar.co.uk/47-awesome-and-easy-guitar-solos

"This intro solo/riff to Bad Penny by Rory Gallagher should be within reach of any beginner. Rory is hailed as one of the greatest blues and rock guitarists ever - learn this and you'll get a great insight into his style."

I like seeing him mentioned in these tutorial sort of articles- it introduces Rory to a new generation, to upcoming guitarists.

(Doesn't look so easy to me) :D
RobertaSparrow

Re: Finding Rory

Postby Faylool » 18 Apr 2018, 17:54

I’m learning acoustic. Revisiting anyway but it’s very rewarding. Hobby. Not a natural talent but doing the online lessons which actually...so far.... are easy for me. A few months ago I found an Avalon. It’s a ‘70’s lower end ($900 in ‘70’s $ 450 for me )designed by Irish. They made their high end in Ireland. It was in pristine clean ndirion and sounds a lot better than my cheap old guitar when I was a teen. It’s sound is great. I have a great ear too. Thanks for this picture post. I’m saving stuff like this to get to later when I become more proficient. The beginning was gawd awful! I’ve improved. It also makes me realize just how proficient Rory really was! Amazing guy and thus is such a good idea for me.
Faylool

Postby RobertaSparrow » 18 Apr 2018, 21:00

:lol: I know what you mean, I have several guitars and over the years I've made half-hearted attempts to learn. Lately, with the advent of YouTube and the wealth of everyday and pro guitarists showing their tips, advice, and tricks for playing, I am learning as well, just for my own amusement. I'm no where near the level of all those musicians that we've enjoyed so much over the years, but that's okay. Every journey begins with the first steps. Rory started those first steps when he was just a child. but, there's no time like the present, and as he said, time slips by like grains of sand.

That's how I found that little article, looking at whatever the 'web has to offer. I've no doubt, if Rory was still alive (in this realm of existence) that he would gladly be sharing and maybe even offering lessons, tips, tutorials himself.

So, enjoy the journey. :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Faylool » 28 Apr 2018, 02:59

Yes. I like to to think this acoustic guitar made in Korea designed by Irish from the 70s and in very great almost new condition is special. Really I believe it has a great sound. I so don’t have the talent that I admire so much. Advanced beginner....that’s me. Ha ha. In everything. I was born with the talent to draw. I’m a little lucky about that and a lot confused.
Faylool

Postby willie the pimp » 01 May 2018, 07:50

Laundromat is used in the BBC comedy Cradle To Grave S01E07: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06jgq96
willie the pimp

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM