Rory on digital download

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: Rory on digital download

Postby JimLED » 02 Apr 2017, 11:52

That's good if you can go to the music store and buy all Rory's official collection, but at some other countries, expecially where me living in, I think you will find nothing about Rory, or find mass popular cd's, like Irish tour. And most affective way to get them all - to use amazon.
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Shin Kicker » 03 Apr 2017, 19:27

The situation varies from country to country I'm sure, but in the US, even Amazon has almost none of Rory's music available in the Digital Music department. AnnaMaria's experience is quite common. Most people these days get their music in digital form, and that means Rory's music is unavailable to most people in the US.
Shin Kicker

Postby AnnaMaria » 12 Sep 2017, 17:18

Since some days Rory is back on Spotify! :D

I don´t want a little bit, I just want it all!
AnnaMaria

Postby vasdis » 13 Sep 2017, 05:39

You can't beat having the actual physical cd in your hand ,i do have some downloads but fortunately none of Rory only vinyl which i never play and proper cds.
vasdis

Postby AnnaMaria » 13 Sep 2017, 10:20

I know Vasdis, I have Rorys cds too. But both of my sons doesn´t have cdplayers. They prefer to stream all their music and I want the younger generation to discover the great music Rory made. However my oldest son bought a recordplayer because he wanted to have my old collection of records. Last year I found "Photofinish" in a Swedish fleamarket for about 9 pounds so he only have one record (by RG) but he can stream alot if he wants to.

By the way my oldest is going to study at London University for a year. He´s going on Friday. Does anybody know any places where you can look for records in London?
AnnaMaria

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Sep 2017, 13:14

Hi Anna, Firstly congratulations to your son for gaining a place to study at London University. As a student he would like Camden, which is a bit of a hip, musical, lively area. Young people love it and yes it has a few record shops there. If he wants vinyl he will find it here. Its great young people are getting in RG's music. Here is the link. Subrata. X
https://m.yelp.co.uk/search?cflt=vinyl_ ... %2C+London
SUBY1974

Postby AnnaMaria » 14 Sep 2017, 06:47

Suby, thank you so much for the link. Marcus says Camden is the first place he´ll visit on Saturday! He will be staying just outside Regents Park so it´s not far from Camden. He´s looking forward to go to see bands playing too as he loves English music.
There is a reason for me to go over too so I´ll be going over a couple of times to see him. :D
AnnaMaria

Postby blues blooded » 19 Sep 2017, 19:49

AnnaMaria wrote:I know what you mean. I wouldn´t have discovered Rory without Spotify and I´m 51. I bought a lot of his cds because I wanted them too. But my boys (20,23) doesn´t have any cds at all. They stream their music. Though the oldest bought a recordplayer and took my old records which I had in the garage.

The issue is with streaming is bands don't make money from albums anymore . It used to be the case that if a single got into the charts, it would make the band a bit of money and then release an album etc. I used to love going to the record store on Saturday and buy albums I'd saved for. Back in Black is one that springs to mind.
blues blooded

Previous

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES