Taste on BBC Radio 2 Sounds of the 70's.

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Taste on BBC Radio 2 Sounds of the 70's.

Postby vasdis » 10 Mar 2019, 17:54

Tom Robinson ,standing in for Johnny Walker on BBC Radio 2's Sounds of the 70's has just played Taste with Railway And Gun off the On The Boards Album .The track was for a jukebox they are compiling.Nice to hear something decent on mainstream radio other than the usual plastic production line stuff.I don't think i have heard any Taste/ Rory stuff since Alan "Fluff " Freeman's Saturday rock show or maybe even Paul Jones blues show .Johnny is back next week and Tom is signing off with another classic Us And Them by Pink Floyd off the Dark Side Of The Moon album-nice
vasdis

Re: Taste on BBC Radio 2 Sounds of the 70's.

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Mar 2019, 14:07

vasdis wrote:Tom Robinson ,standing in for Johnny Walker on BBC Radio 2's Sounds of the 70's has just played Taste with Railway And Gun off the On The Boards Album .The track was for a jukebox they are compiling.Nice to hear something decent on mainstream radio other than the usual plastic production line stuff.I don't think i have heard any Taste/ Rory stuff since Alan "Fluff " Freeman's Saturday rock show or maybe even Paul Jones blues show .Johnny is back next week and Tom is signing off with another classic Us And Them by Pink Floyd off the Dark Side Of The Moon album-nice

Great to hear Rory is back on BBC Radio..
The late John Peel was one of the first Radio DJ's to introduce Taste featuring Rory Gallagher to the BBC back in the late 60's.
Thanks for letting us know Vasdis :)

Jay Jay

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings