Notes From San Francisco .

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: Notes From San Francisco ~ Reviews

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Feb 2018, 11:47

vasdis wrote:Have sort of re-discovered Notes From San Francisco ,hardly ever played it not realising just how good it is ,Mind you apart from Meeting With The G Man which i have always thought was a bit of a weak album has Rory ever done a bad album?

Hi Vasdis..If you look back at all the pages now, you can see. I've merged the original NFSF album topic with yours ;) ..
To give you a favour of what other Rory fans thought of this album.. Rory History back in the day tells us.. he aborted and did not want this album released.
Jay Jay

Re: Notes From San Francisco .

Postby vasdis » 13 Feb 2018, 14:11

Yes Donal goes into why he didn't want it released in some detail,certain i heard somewhere that Rory had seen The Sex Pistols somewhere in the US and was amazed at
their pure energy and not being happy with this album had forbidden its release being quite disappointed with it.
vasdis

Re: Notes From San Francisco .

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Feb 2018, 23:12

vasdis wrote:The Sex Pistols somewhere in the US and was amazed at
their pure energy and not being happy with this album had forbidden its release being quite disappointed with it.

That's correct Vasdis and a reason why Rory's next move after seeing The Sex Pistols was to go back to a 3 piece Rock power trio..
NFSF would have been after Calling Card with the four piece band continuing from that album. Instead we get Photo Finish with 3 piece band and some of the songs featured on NFSF...
Yet in a much more " Meat and Potatoes " harder edged Rock Blues style as Rory would describe :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings