Taste - In The Beginning.

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Taste - In The Beginning.

Postby vasdis » 24 Jul 2016, 05:36

I bought Taste -In The Beginning yesterday at a record fair,actually 2 records on 1 cd (it says) The first 7 tracks are Taste - live at the Marquee and the next 8 tracks are
In The Beginning 14 tracks in all. I would say it is probably a bootleg but does contain tracks i have never heard before,such as Baby Please Don't Go, an old Them favourite which Taste really do justice to!I don't know if it's a sign of the times, but there seemed to be far more vinyl at the record fair than cds.
I have to admit bootleg or not i was very pleased with my purchase.
vasdis

Re: Taste - In The Beginning.

Postby Jay Jay » 24 Jul 2016, 20:12

vasdis wrote:I bought Taste -In The Beginning yesterday at a record fair,actually 2 records on 1 cd (it says) The first 7 tracks are Taste - live at the Marquee and the next 8 tracks are
In The Beginning 14 tracks in all. I would say it is probably a bootleg but does contain tracks i have never heard before,such as Baby Please Don't Go, an old Them favourite which Taste really do justice to!I don't know if it's a sign of the times, but there seemed to be far more vinyl at the record fair than cds.
I have to admit bootleg or not i was very pleased with my purchase.

Hi Vasdis, yeah, here is a link to an old topic with info about your one half of your purchase. As I questioned DG about this first Taste vinyl album years ago viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1544

PS. I agree absolutely that Taste' live cover of "Baby Please Don't Go" is terrific :)
Jay Jay

Postby vasdis » 25 Jul 2016, 09:58

vasdis

Postby capo » 26 Jul 2016, 16:43

I just bought it from Amazon. Thanks for the heads up Vasdis. Don't know how I missed getting this before. Cheers.
capo

Postby vasdis » 26 Jul 2016, 18:32

capo wrote:I just bought it from Amazon. Thanks for the heads up Vasdis. Don't know how I missed getting this before. Cheers.

You are very welcome.
vasdis

Postby ailish78 » 27 Jul 2016, 08:35

Is that this one? Although it starts with Sonny Boy Williamson's Bye Bye Bird and then goes into Baby Please don't go.

Is this their version of the Muddy Water's song?

Just a bit confused because it sounds nothing like this. :D
ailish78

Postby vasdis » 27 Jul 2016, 08:42

The In Concert part of the cd starts with Introduction/Movin' On then Pontiac Blues,Baby Please Don't Go and Blister On The Moon are next----------------Great stuff !

Tracks 1-7 recorded at the Marquee,October 1968 (i was 18 then and still into 60's pop which unlike today was very good)

Looking through my Taste/RG collection i realised i already have the same album as In The Beginning entitled Rory Gallagher-The First And The Best, on the
Noble Price label ,recall it cost me £1.Unusually (to me anyway) it credits Richard McCracken on bass guitar and mouthorgan *

Also for £1 at the same time i bought Jack Bruce-------------------------More Jack Than God and Gary Moore ----------------------------Live At Monsters Of Rock
all good albums.

* anybody shed any light on this ?
vasdis

Postby ailish78 » 28 Jul 2016, 07:29

I already have Rory Gallagher-The first and the best. I bought it years ago from one of those bargain bins and then forgot all about it. So is that the exact same as In the beginning? I added this one to my shopping basket on Amazon because I thought then I would have a recording of Baby please don't go because it's not on The First and the Best. It's quite confusing with all these re-issues and lost tapes, isn't it?
ailish78

Postby ailish78 » 28 Jul 2016, 07:31

It's ok. I re-read Vasdis first post.
ailish78

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings