RORY itunes

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: RORY itunes

Postby Shin Kicker » 07 Apr 2016, 03:20

Here's the URL to Rory's albums on youtube, and it only lists a couple: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCokxZ1 ... 7244514301

It would be highly unlikely that his music would have a distribution deal for the US that included youtube but excluded spotify. If I had to guess, maybe you found a pirated version that somebody uploaded? In any case, like you say, his music is MIA on itunes and spotify :(.
Shin Kicker

Postby CiaSeattle » 08 Apr 2016, 15:25

You're right, the albums I see were uploaded by fans. I'm not very sophisticated when it comes to youtube, I just type in what I want to hear, and listen to what pops up. At least we still have these versions left, though. I think youtube is where most of us new fans found his music for the first time, it would be a real shame if it all disappeared.
CiaSeattle

Postby Shin Kicker » 26 Apr 2016, 02:46

Another month has gone by without any change, so it's looking like Rory's music disappearing from the US digital marketplace is not a temporary incident.
Shin Kicker

Postby ailish78 » 26 Apr 2016, 07:44

Yes this is very sad indeed. I used to have an account with itunes but I don't know what happened to it. I seem to have lost a lot of my music. I don't have an account with you tube either or I would upload some stuff (if someone showed me how to do it). However, there's still plenty of stuff on you tube. I personally would like to see more rare concert footage. I think it's great that people have made audio recordings of gigs they were at in the late 70s/80s. About spotify - when I was in Edinburgh in November a friend of mine's son downloaded spotify onto my cell phone and I was listening to the few RG albums and songs that were on there. When I got back home to Luxembourg it worked for about a week and then it wouldn't let me sign into my account anymore. Does anyone know what might have happened? I wonder if it was because I downloaded it in the UK? Very strange.
ailish78

Postby CiaSeattle » 26 Apr 2016, 16:24

The only place I'm seeing that carries pretty much all of Rory's music is Amazon. I know it's a pain to have to wait for shipping, but at least it's still there. I hope iTunes does bring Rory back, but not holding out much hope in that area.
CiaSeattle

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Apr 2016, 17:09

Shin Kicker wrote:Another month has gone by without any change, so it's looking like Rory's music disappearing from the US digital marketplace is not a temporary incident.

Hold on in there Shin Kicker.. it looks like RORY is about to change his recording label in the US. DG has told me..

Good news for all you US RORY fans to follow me shortly ;)
Jay Jay

Postby Shin Kicker » 26 Apr 2016, 19:47

Good news indeed!
Shin Kicker

Postby bronyr » 26 Apr 2016, 20:13

Jay Jay wrote:
Shin Kicker wrote:Another month has gone by without any change, so it's looking like Rory's music disappearing from the US digital marketplace is not a temporary incident.

Hold on in there Shin Kicker.. it looks like RORY is about to change his recording label in the US. DG has told me..

Good news for all you US RORY fans to follow me shortly ;)

Thank goodness Jay Jay - I was beginning to feel hopeless about lack of access to the RG catalog here in the U.S.
Please send thanks to Donal from all of us 'mericans.. :)
bronyr

Postby Shin Kicker » 02 Nov 2016, 21:36

Sadly, another year has gone by and Rory's catalog is still almost entirely missing from the digital marketplace in the US. If you look on iTunes, only a couple of albums are available. Same on Spotify. Is there any news on this?
Shin Kicker

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings