RORY itunes

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

RORY itunes

Postby ray » 31 Dec 2015, 12:53

Why not many rory albums on itunes?
ray

Re: RORY itunes

Postby ray » 04 Jan 2016, 00:38

I am not promoting iTunes I just wanted to know if there was a particular reason why more albums are not available? so much more efficient in having them organized on your library. I for one would the entire collection in a heart beat
ray

Postby Shin Kicker » 21 Mar 2016, 18:19

You're right. There's not much Rory available on the US itunes store. Same for Spotify. It didn't used to be this way. A couple of years ago, all his albums were available. Interestingly, this is just in the US. The UK itunes store shows many of his albums. Seems like a serious problem since this will make it difficult for anyone in the states to discover his music.
Shin Kicker

Postby bronyr » 21 Mar 2016, 20:17

I was going to bring this up as well. I use spotify a lot because sometimes I'm too lazy to go dig for records or cds. As of about 2 or 3 months ago, Rory's whole catalog was on Spotify. It is now gone, and only about 5 songs exist. Clearly something has shifted with regard to the agreement his management or BMI? Or the Gallagers? have with streaming music. I'm so very bummed. Sometimes, I just want to hear one particular track from one particular record and it was so easy to go to Spotify to find it. I wonder - can anyone shed any light on whether or not this is a permanent thing? Jay Jay? Is this an appropriate forum to ask that question of Donal?
Amy
bronyr

Postby bronyr » 21 Mar 2016, 20:18

ray wrote:I am not promoting iTunes I just wanted to know if there was a particular reason why more albums are not available? so much more efficient in having them organized on your library. I for one would the entire collection in a heart beat

Me, too!
bronyr

Postby Shin Kicker » 22 Mar 2016, 17:18

Here are the details on what's available in the US from iTunes, Spotify, youtube, google play:

The only full albums are Blueprint and Live at Montreux.

Against the Grain, Essential, and Top Priority are listed in both iTunes and Spotify, but they only contain one song each. Like bronyr says, it appears that all the other albums were removed sometime in the past 4 months. Nearly disappearing from the only distribution channels that matter these days seems pretty dire.
Shin Kicker

Postby Shin Kicker » 06 Apr 2016, 04:25

Nobody has any insight into what has happened? I never thought I'd see the day when Rory's music would fade away in the marketplace like this.
Shin Kicker

Postby CiaSeattle » 06 Apr 2016, 15:38

Does it have something to do with Eagle Rock? I know they removed a number of concertr videos from YouTube in the US, but the audio full albums are still there (for now). I can sort of understand pulling things off YouTube since it's free, but why remove from iTunes or Spotify which generate revenue? It has to be some kind of contractual or distribution rights dispute.
CiaSeattle

Postby Shin Kicker » 06 Apr 2016, 16:49

CiaSeattle wrote:I know they removed a number of concertr videos from YouTube in the US, but the audio full albums are still there (for now).

The only full albums I see on youtube are Live at Montreux and Blueprint. Two other albums, Photofinish and Defender, are listed but if you click on them, they say they are not available in the US. There is nothing at all except Live at Montreux and Blueprint on itunes and spotify. This is an unfortunate situation considering that recent interview with Rory on Rock Cellar. Someone who reads it will be stymied in their attempts to listen to his music.
Shin Kicker

Postby CiaSeattle » 07 Apr 2016, 02:10

Are you sure you meant youtube, not iTunes? I know those are the only ones on iTunes, but I just checked, and could find all on YouTube...right up to Fresh Evidence. I'm listening to Irish Tour '74 right now.
CiaSeattle

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings