TASTE - LIVE @ ISLE Of WIGHT Film Premiere & Reviews

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: TASTE - NEW ISLE Of WIGHT FOOTAGE

Postby Sinner Girl » 05 Sep 2015, 17:56

innuendo wrote:
no_noise_reduction wrote:
innuendo wrote:well it is somebody's fault. i'm not pointing any fingers but if they made a poll for example and asked fans would they prefer original 4:3 format or cropped and "modern" 16:9 i can guarantee you people would pick 4:3. so far that's the only shitty thing about this otherwise wonderful product. same thing happened when someone tried to be "modern" with rory's music and remixed his songs for big guns compilation, fans were very unsatisfied with that. i'm only saying everything should be released as it is originally recorded/filmed. just do a good remaster job like they did with 2012 remasters.

But I don't think that is how the industry works. This may sound drastic, but in the end it's not the die hard fans who count but the broad mass of consumers. It is their money which makes a release of the IOW film possible. The logic of the big labels is that most viewers do not feel comfortable watching 4:3 footage anymore. This may not be true for us who don't want to miss a detail of "what's going on" on stage. But the majority of people who buy the release will probably not even be aware that they are not getting the original aspect ratio. And Eagle Rock are certainly aware of this fact.
It's a different thing with video tape recordings because they begin too look blurry when you scale them up (which you have to if you want to transfer 4:3 to 16:9). 16mm film is becoming grainy, but as we have seen in the sample clip on youtube this is not too much of a problem with the IOW footage.
As I said, it's about what the industry deems right. They might be wrong as many tv stations have been when they wiped their Beatles and Hendrix (and Rory) footage in the 1970s because it was black and white and they were thinking that in the time of colour tv nobody would watch b/w footage anymore. They were terribly wrong.
Well. Maybe we will get a 4:3 version on the Blu Ray. I doubt it. But as you said, it might be the only issue about this otherwise great product.

i totally understand what you're saying. and i know eagle rock is releasing some stuff in 4:3 format but i guess only footage that's shot on video (like perfect strangers deep purple dvd) and thank god iow is shot on film so i hope properly remastered it will look splendid on blu ray.

I read the previous posts and I fully agree with that, especially as innuendo well point out :D :D :D :D :D
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Re: TASTE - LIVE @ ISLE Of WIGHT Film Release

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Sep 2015, 13:57

Jay Jay wrote:The World Premiere showing of TASTE Live @ The Isle Of Wight In London

http://www.docnrollfestival.com/films/t ... ival-1970/

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

Seems like the world premiere ought to be either in Cork or Belfast, and not London. That is where Taste started. That is where Rory started.
RobertaSparrow

Re: TASTE - LIVE @ ISLE Of WIGHT Film Premiere & Release

Postby Jay Jay » 12 Sep 2015, 11:31

RobertaSparrow wrote:Seems like the world premiere ought to be either in Cork or Belfast, and not London. That is where Taste started. That is where Rory started.

Yes Cynthia but as you've said before I believe too.. We want RORY to be acclaimed and known to a greater audience..
Especially to the new generations of music fans..
London has a population of approx 10 million people ;) Plus is a much bigger media coverage wise place than most other cities..

After all It was one of Rory's homes for more than 25 years and the place where he sadly passed away also..

RORY will return to London with one of his finest performances with all his most TASTE-ful music & Graceful and passionate movements :)

Just 6 days to go now for it's release
Rock On for RORY :)

PS. Did you realize there are around twice as many people in London than there are in the whole of Ireland
Jay Jay

Postby capo » 12 Sep 2015, 17:08

London is also were Taste really got noticed by getting the plum residency at the Marquee.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Sep 2015, 17:51

Jay Jay wrote:
RobertaSparrow wrote:Seems like the world premiere ought to be either in Cork or Belfast, and not London. That is where Taste started. That is where Rory started.

Yes Cynthia but as you've said before I believe too.. We want RORY to be acclaimed and known to a greater audience..
London has a population of approx 10 million people ;) Plus is a much bigger media coverage wise place than most other cities..

After all It was one of Rory's homes for more than 25 years and the place where he sadly passed away also..

RORY will return to London with one of his finest performances with all his most TASTE-ful music & Graceful and passionate movements :)

PS. Did you realize there are around twice as many people in London than there are in the whole of Ireland

:lol: Well, if you're going to get all pragmatic, realistic and practical, you have a point there. ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby no_noise_reduction » 14 Sep 2015, 10:44

I have now seen the actual cover of the Japanese Blu Ray edition and can confirm that the there is a 4:3 version of the film included on it. Thanks a lot Strange Music, thanks for making this come true!
no_noise_reduction

Postby AnnaMaria » 14 Sep 2015, 16:37

You can play a lot of the tracks on Spotify already, like those songs from the Conserthall in Stockholm. :D
AnnaMaria

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Sep 2015, 17:58

Sinner Girl wrote:Seems like the world premiere ought to be either in Cork or Belfast, and not London. That is where Taste started. That is where Rory started.

Shame you live the other side of the United States Cynthia.

Anyone living in or near the Boston area USA, Have got a real treat this Friday at a premiere screening Of TASTE Live @ the Isle Of Wight. With a Showing of RORY GALLAGHER & JIMI HENDRIX also Live in Atlanta.. The Two GREATEST "Blues Rock" GUITARISTS ever imho :) :)
From main Rory homepage http://www.rorygallagher.com/

Rory Electrifying.jpg

Jimi Purple.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Sep 2015, 20:28

Jay Jay wrote:
Sinner Girl wrote:Seems like the world premiere ought to be either in Cork or Belfast, and not London. That is where Taste started. That is where Rory started.

Shame you live the other side of the United States Cynthia.

Anyone living in or near the Boston area USA, Have got a real treat this Friday at a premiere screening Of TASTE Live @ the Isle Of Wight. With a Showing of RORY GALLAGHER & JIMI HENDRIX also Live in Atlanta.. The Two GREATEST "Blues Rock" GUITARISTS ever imho :) :)
From main Rory homepage http://www.rorygallagher.com/

Rory Electrifying.jpg

Jimi Purple.jpg

After I saw this, I frantically checked all the cinemas and theaters in this area to see if they were screening it here, and of course they are not.... :evil:

It just occurred to me though, if it is a double feature it might be screened in Washington State, since Jimi was from there. Still, it's a long drive from Eugene, Oregon. :cry:

But then again, my BluRay copy should be here by tomorrow, which is also my day off work, and I have my big screen TV, surround sound, snacks, and herbal "libations" all ready. So I will be having my own little premier in my living room. :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 17 Sep 2015, 08:34

Jay Jay wrote:

Sadly I will miss going to the premiere in London, cos I will be in Bath. Having lived in London all my life, yes the city is a megalopolis and there are so many people here. It is a multicultural environment. There is always something to do and you never get bored. I wonder what Rory would think of London now? He lived here in the 60s/70s/80s/90s. For me its digitalised LOL. Its too fast these days.The public transport is stretched to the limit and there are too many cars. I still love this town ( my hometown and birthplace) . I just want to live outside London now and travel in when I need to. I am glad I work in hip part of London which is very arty farty. It will be great to know that more Londoners will know of Rory. There more people in London then Ireland Jay Jay? OMG. Londeners do like to escape to the country or continent for a while, hence why I will be in Bath. London is the mother town for me:0).x
SUBY1974

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings