TASTE - LIVE @ ISLE Of WIGHT Film Premiere & Reviews

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: TASTE - LIVE @ ISLE Of WIGHT Film Premiere & Reviews

Postby SUBY1974 » 09 Oct 2015, 19:00

Hi Cynthia. No what I meant was people use their phone apps to video and take pictures of their favourite bands. I am use to seeing everyone now with their mobiles or in USA you call them cell phones. In IOW DVD noone had them back then,apart from their cameras. Sometimes people do hold up luminous glowy objects but lighters would be fire hazard? I think back then in the 70s there was very little health and safety. Sorry about the confusion. I run away with my words. :D
SUBY1974

Postby innuendo » 10 Oct 2015, 10:10

so there is no video from isle of wight dvd on youtube? except for those old ones and that one from this new dvd? i guess it must be copyright reasons and if someone put the video on yt it's very quickly removed. that's a shame cos it would be nice to have a split screen comparison of that old version of sinner boy with a naked woman and a new edit they did for this dvd.

edit: actually there are some videos from new dvd that are not put officially by eagle rock or rory yt channel.

these are the 2 official ones:

others i found from new dvd:

and first one on youtube are still there:

I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 10 Oct 2015, 14:12

Most likely, for the editors to include those shots would require getting that naked woman's consent to be in the commercially released finished product. I doubt that she would want to consent to being in the film, anyway, and that's provided they could find her, provided she is able to be found, to ask for her consent. And if they had more than one camera running, it's easy to get around including her at all.

I had forgotten there was a naked woman in some of the footage until someone pointed out that she wasn't there anymore. We waited so long to get to see these videos as it is, and perhaps including her would have added another piece of red tape to the legal morass they had to sort through. Legal wrangling delayed its release for long enough IMO :mrgreen:

And I thought it was rude of her to interrupt Rory's performance anyway. :?
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Oct 2015, 14:36

Hey guys. I thought this thread was about Rory's amazing performance with Taste at the IOW 1970. It is becoming about the woman with her "coconuts" on display thread. Just my humble opinion. Subrata.x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D Those "coconuts" are distracting... :lol: :lol:
SUBY1974

Postby CiaSeattle » 10 Oct 2015, 15:20

SUBY1974 wrote:Hey guys. I thought this thread was about Rory's amazing performance with Taste at the IOW 1970. It is becoming about the woman with her "coconuts" on display thread. Just my humble opinion. Subrata.x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D Those "coconuts" are distracting... :lol: :lol:

True, but it's kind of the nature of these long running threads to go off in different directions. ;)

People losing their inhibitions (and common sense) and getting naked was pretty standard at open air festivals back in the '60's and early '70's here in the States, at least at all the ones I went to. Never took my clothes off though, back then I would have been mistaken for an underage boy if I had. What I found amusing about the original video was that although she got cheers from the crowd, the band seemed totally oblivious to her. Now that's real dedication to your music!!!
CiaSeattle

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Oct 2015, 17:29

It is an amazing feat. I mean their young guys in their early twenties and well their testorone levels at that age would be like of the Richter scale ;) They were true professionals and continued with their amazing music set. Well music has that power. Music versus the woman's "melons" and the music wins hands down. :D Subrata.x Anyway I was not around in the 60s and 70s at music festivals and the one's I went to,I never saw people take their clothes off. I have to remember times were different back then. Today's music is far worst with everyone showing their "booty".
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 10 Oct 2015, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
SUBY1974

Postby bald eagle » 12 Oct 2015, 23:43

I have watched the Dvd about 4 times, and it's brought back a lot of what I remember seeing the following night at a concert they played at The Spa Royal Hall, BRIDLINGTON Yorkshire. I hadn't heard Taste before that night in Aug 1970 and had no idea they were about to split up. They played just over 2 hours on stage coming on at 9.50 pm and playing till 11.55 pm, doing 3 or 4 encores before finally leaving the stage. As I never had any Taste Lp's before the concert I didn't know the songs, but remember Sugar Mama, Morning Sun, Rory playing his Saxophone, and Catfish Blues as it sounded like Hendrix's Experiencing the Blues. I have always rated it as one of the best concerts I ever saw at Bridlington.
This piece of film of the naked woman on stage as Rory plays Sinner Boy which is on the "Message to Love" Dvd from 1995. It looks as if it was dubbed onto the end of Sinner Boy, and probably never happened while Taste were on stage. The audience look as if they are a long way back from the stage, and there doesn't seem to be any disturbance in front of the stage on the latest Dvd.
bald eagle

Postby capo » 13 Oct 2015, 03:35

Wow! Bald Eagle, you are so lucky to have seen Taste live and in the flesh! I always wondered if Rory ever played the Sax onstage, and now we know. Thanks so much for posting your memories. :D Peace.
capo

Postby RoryfanBrisbane » 14 Oct 2015, 07:50

RobertaSparrow wrote:
Tibor77 wrote:
RoryfanBrisbane wrote:I've ordered a copy of the Bluray from evo88.com. $US19 including delivery to Australia.

http://www.evo88.com/en/music?page=shop ... uct_id=941

Is this site realiable? Pal or NTSC? I hav not bought it yet

EVO88.com is 100% reliable. My bluray copy arrived in a bubble wrapped envelope and plays on my Aussie locked Samsung bluray player which is region locked. I presume the DVD itself is region free. I also received a $US5 voucher to discount future orders....goint to use it for Gary Moore 'Blues for Jimi' on bluray
RoryfanBrisbane

Postby Tibbierocks » 14 Oct 2015, 16:15

Ah I see. The naked lady is on youtube. I watched the dvd again at the weekend and I saw a few bikinis, but no naked woman. Would Rory prefer a naked woman or having several mirrors flashed in his eyes? :D Now there's a question...
Tibbierocks

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings