RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

RORY Tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 10 Mar 2013, 19:24

Joe Bonamassa is just playing Rory with an excellent live version of "Who's That Coming "which i haven't heard before .Know very well that Joe is a big
devotee of Rory along with Free and Led Zeppelin which cant be at all bad !Whoops he has just said it was the Irish Tour 74 version?Perfect joy to enjoy
some really DECENT music on the radio !
vasdis

Re: Rory tune's on Planet Rock.

Postby vasdis » 10 Mar 2013, 19:32

Joe Bonamassa is just playing" Who's That Coming" by Rory off the Irish Tour '74"album i know he is a big Rory devotee,along with Free and Led Zeppelin
which can't be bad!It's nice to hear some really Decent music on the radio.
vasdis

RORY tune's on Planet Rock

Postby vasdis » 03 Apr 2015, 05:20

PR have played A Million Miles Away twice in 2 days,Alice Cooper played it on Wednesday night and yesterday it was on
their Music through the night .To me along with the BBC Sessions version of Calling card one of RG's most definitive
tunes.It also made a pleasant change from PR's usual diet of the God awful row that is AC-DC (off button or turn
volume down stuff)Anyway nice to hear some really decent music on the radio as i am condemned at work all day to listen to awful local commercial radio stations.
vasdis

Re: Rory tune's on Planet Rock

Postby heatison » 03 Apr 2015, 18:46

Rory is often played on the Alice Cooper show. A few months ago I managed to get crest of a wave played on the morning show sounded great.
heatison

Messin' With The Kid on Planet Rock

Postby vasdis » 03 Aug 2016, 07:50

Paul Anthony has just played a fantastic version of Messin' With The Kid on Planet Rock,nice to hear RG on the radio .I am now set up for the day :!: :!:
vasdis

Re: RORY tune's on Planet Rock

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Aug 2016, 08:50

vasdis wrote:Paul Anthony has just played a fantastic version of Messin' With The Kid on Planet Rock,nice to hear RG on the radio .I am now set up for the day :!: :!:

Yes it's great that a " National Radio Station " is playing RORY GALLAGHER tunes regularly nowadays. I've filled in and sent a few request to the show to play some Rory tunes. More RORY FANS should do this on link and listen to a decent radio station with great music :)
Thanks for continually pointing this out vasdis :)
http://www.planetrock.com/

Rock On for Rory
Cheers & Slainte
Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: RORY tune's on Radio Planet Rock.

Postby Rosemarie » 03 Aug 2016, 09:51

Planet Rock is my station of choice and I catch Rory often.
Rosemarie

Postby vasdis » 03 Aug 2016, 09:53

Jay Jay wrote:
vasdis wrote:Paul Anthony has just played a fantastic version of Messin' With The Kid on Planet Rock,nice to hear RG on the radio .I am now set up for the day :!: :!:

Yes it's great that a " National Radio Station " is playing RORY GALLAGHER tunes regularly nowadays. I've filled in and sent a few request to the show to play some Rory tunes. More RORY FANS should do this on link and listen to a decent radio station with great music :)
Thanks for continually pointing this out vasdis :)
http://www.planetrock.com/

Rock On for Rory
Cheers & Slainte
Jay Jay

Unfortunately PR have recently changed their frequency and a lot of people are no longer able to receive it. I was lucky with my DAB tuner but my 2 other
DAB radios can't receive it any more ,a pity as they do play my kind of music.
vasdis

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Aug 2016, 10:03

vasdis wrote:Unfortunately PR have recently changed their frequency and a lot of people are no longer able to receive it. I was lucky with my DAB tuner but my 2 other
DAB radios can't receive it any more ,a pity as they do play my kind of music.

RORY Fans and Vasdis..

YOU can also receive and listen to "Planet Rock Radio Station" on your Sky TV channel 0110
plus I reckon a Freeview TV channel? and possibly Virgin TV channel too? :)
Jay Jay

Postby vasdis » 03 Aug 2016, 11:20

I first heard Planet Rock on Sky ,connected to my stereo with about 30 feet of phono cable,you can also listen on the computer if you can be bothered.(i can't)
vasdis

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings