30%
Irish Tour '74
70%
Stage Struck
No votes

Total votes : 10

Poll ~ Favourite Rory live album

Postby blues blooded » 14 Jul 2014, 16:10

No doubt this has been done before, but which of Rory's live albums do you like the best.

I have decided not to put the Montreux album as it is essentially a compilation of Rory's appearances over a period of time

My choice is Irish Tour 74. Granted he didn't have such a back catalogue as he did with Stage Struck, but the atmosphere of the Irish Tour is so terrific. Considering what Northern Ireland was going through at that time, there wasn't many treats in store for the people who lived there, it is hardly surprising they were having such a time
blues blooded

Re: Poll ~ Favourite Rory live album

Postby capo » 14 Jul 2014, 16:15

Irish Tour'74 is not only my favorite Rory album, live or otherwise, but it is my favorite album OF ALL TIME!
capo

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jul 2014, 16:20

blues blooded wrote:No doubt this has been done before, but which of Rory's live albums do you like the best.

Hiya Blues Blooded, you are absolutely correct with this..

As you can see with link here, many members have already voted before on these same recordings

On the boards, top of page > Audio & Vision ~ All Recorded Formats section link > viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1611

PS. Will have to moderate and merge the two topics ;)
Jay Jay

Postby blues blooded » 14 Jul 2014, 19:24

It's not quite the same as the others are essentially box sets/compilations
blues blooded

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jul 2014, 20:00

blues blooded wrote:It's not quite the same as the others are essentially box sets/compilations

Ok, I see your point, With only one vote here .. yet 3 choices on other topic it is different

Will compromise.. but this topic must go in the appropriate section on the boards > Rory Recordings ;)
Jay Jay

Postby fenderbass » 15 Jul 2014, 00:41

It was between Live In Europe and Irish Tour. I picked Live In Europe. It was the first Rory album I bought. I first heard Rory when I had borrowed the Live Taste album from a friend and was looking for the latest release from Rory which happened to be Live In Europe in 1972. There's all styles of blues on there. Uptempo rockers like Messin With The Kid, Laundromat and Bullfrog Blues. Brilliant slide on Could've Had Religion and In Your Town. Acoustic country blues with Pistol Slapper Blues by Blind Boy Fuller recorded way back in nineteen twenty something or other. Not forgetting Going To My Hometown, a live favourite. These songs were pretty much in Rory's setlist from 72 to 76, when I saw Rory many times. Nostalgic choice maybe, but this was Rory's first top ten album and no doubt was a factor when Rory was voted number one international guitarist in the Melody Maker poll September 72.
fenderbass

Postby signals » 17 Jul 2014, 14:57

No option for Notes From San Francisco live disc? Would still pick Irish Tour but I prefer it to Stage Struck.
signals

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings