Remaster question - some help please

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Remaster question - some help please

Postby blues blooded » 30 Jun 2014, 17:48

I have been off the grid for a while and I just need some conformation regarding the remastering of Rory's back catalogue. I want to purchase them, but want to make sure that I buy the actual remasters.

From looking at Amazon UK, it seems that Rory Gallagher, Deuce, Live In Europe, Blueprint and Tattoo are not actually remasters. However the albums from Irish Tour 74 are.

Please can someone confirm if these first 5 releases have been remastered and Amazon have got it wrong or have they not been released in the new format.

Sorry to be dumb etc, but I'd really appreciate some help before shelling out
blues blooded

Re: Remaster question - some help please

Postby RobertaSparrow » 30 Jun 2014, 17:53

I get confused about it too, sounds like a JayJay or Daniel question :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Jun 2014, 21:11

blues blooded wrote:I have been off the grid for a while and I just need some conformation regarding the remastering of Rory's back catalogue. I want to purchase them, but want to make sure that I buy the actual remasters.
From looking at Amazon UK, it seems that Rory Gallagher, Deuce, Live In Europe, Blueprint and Tattoo are not actually remasters. However the albums from Irish Tour 74 are.
Please can someone confirm if these first 5 releases have been remastered and Amazon have got it wrong or have they not been released in the new format.

RobertaSparrow wrote:I get confused about it too, sounds like a JayJay or Daniel question :)

Hiya Blues Blooded,

The confusion is that there are the remasters of all Rory's albums. Of which Tony Arnold mixed and remastered all by around the year 2000.
Then you have the reissues / remastered of which Daniel Gallagher has mixed and remastered. Nearer the original vinyl album sound. Which they started to release in 2012 and they are to complete the entire RG collection within the next few months.
Here is a link to the "RORY GALLAGHER ~ Audio & Vision ~ All Recorded Formats" section about the Rory Reissues
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2842&start=20

I hope this helps you in your decision on which ones to purchase now from amazon?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby blues blooded » 30 Jun 2014, 23:07

Jay Jay wrote:
blues blooded wrote:I have been off the grid for a while and I just need some conformation regarding the remastering of Rory's back catalogue. I want to purchase them, but want to make sure that I buy the actual remasters.

RobertaSparrow wrote:I get confused about it too, sounds like a JayJay or Daniel question :)

Hiya Blues Blooded,

The confusion is that there are the remasters of all Rory's albums. Of which Tony Arnold mixed and remastered all by around the year 2000.
Then you have the reissues / remastered of which Daniel Gallagher has mixed and remastered. Nearer the original vinyl album sound. Which they started to release in 2012 and they are to complete the entire RG collection within the next few months.
Here is a link to the "RORY GALLAGHER ~ Audio & Vision ~ All Recorded Formats" section about the Rory Reissues
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2842&start=20

I hope this helps you in your decision on which ones to purchase now from amazon?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

Hi Jay

Thanks for that. So can you confirm that the albums from Rory Gallagher to Tattoo are available in the 2012 remaster
blues blooded

Postby Tokeiihto » 01 Jul 2014, 00:18

blues blooded wrote:[...] So can you confirm that the albums from Rory Gallagher to Tattoo are available in the 2012 remaster

By now, every studio album (as well as 'Live in Europe', 'Irish Tour '74' and 'Stage Struck') is available in the 2012-13 reissue/remaster. So, yes. :) On amazon the release date is usually prominently displayed next to the title. In some cases the CDs are also marked as "Original recording remastered". Alternatively, a detailed description - publication date included - can be found once you click on the item.
"From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying." (B. Dylan)
Tokeiihto

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Jul 2014, 04:29

:o Hey, another county heard from . . . welcome back Tokeiihto ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Jul 2014, 08:29

blues blooded wrote:Hi Jay

Thanks for that. So can you confirm that the albums from Rory Gallagher to Tattoo are available in the 2012 remaster

Tokeiihto wrote:By now, every studio album (as well as 'Live in Europe', 'Irish Tour '74' and 'Stage Struck') is available in the 2012-13 reissue/remaster. So, yes. On amazon the release date is usually prominently displayed next to the title. In some cases the CDs are also marked as "Original recording remastered". Alternatively, a detailed description - publication date included - can be found once you click on the item.

Tokeiihto is absolutely correct here. The complete RG collection 2012 ~ 2013 of Daniel Gallagher's mix / remastered including the albums you're asking about BB :) When I said in the next few months, I was thinking of Daniel telling me, the Special Irish Tour '74 Anniversary album package out soon :)

Rock On For Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby blues blooded » 01 Jul 2014, 10:42

Tokeiihto wrote:
blues blooded wrote:[...] So can you confirm that the albums from Rory Gallagher to Tattoo are available in the 2012 remaster

By now, every studio album (as well as 'Live in Europe', 'Irish Tour '74' and 'Stage Struck') is available in the 2012-13 reissue/remaster. So, yes. :) On amazon the release date is usually prominently displayed next to the title. In some cases the CDs are also marked as "Original recording remastered". Alternatively, a detailed description - publication date included - can be found once you click on the item.

Cheers, thought that was the case. It seems that Amazon are offering both the 90's remasters and the latest ones. I'll just have to check thoroughly
blues blooded

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings