Sunday 2/3 - Pat James conversation with Donal Gallagher

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Sunday 2/3 - Pat James conversation with Donal Gallagher

Postby Madrid74 » 28 Feb 2014, 19:57

This announcement was posted on facebook, i hope this interview will be aired thru internet it would be great for all non irish roryfans this is the radio station link http://www.nova.ie/

The program runs from 10pm to 1am

---------------
Sunday night, be sure to tune in to Pat James's show "OFF THE RECORD" for Pat's recent conversation with Rory Gallagher's brother, Dónal. Perhaps we'll learn more about the possible release of an Irish Tour box set!
Evening All, Spent an afternoon chatting to Donal Gallagher during the week, we have recorded the conversation and will be playing it next sunday march 2nd which would have been Rory's 66th birthday.Join me at nine on "OFF THE RECORD" here on Nova.

Cheers,
Pat James
-----
Madrid74

Re: Sunday 2/3 - Pat James conversation with Donal Gallagher

Postby Madrid74 » 02 Mar 2014, 22:07

Love internet hearing an irish station from Madrid, hope to be an interesting talk.
Right now Messin' with the Kid
Madrid74

Postby Jay Jay » 02 Mar 2014, 22:36

Madrid74 wrote:Love internet hearing an irish station from Madrid, hope to be an interesting talk.
Right now Messin' with the Kid

Thanks / gracias for the heads up, our Rory amigo :)
Jay Jay

Postby capo » 03 Mar 2014, 22:51

Just listened to Donal's interview with Pat James. Frankly it was a waste of my two hours. The same old stories were trotted out, almost joining the Stones, dumping the Notes from SF in the bin, ect. Nothing we all haven't seen or heard before, and nothing concrete on Irish Tours 40th. I don't blame Donal, he was just answering the same old questions. Anyway.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 06 Mar 2014, 00:01

Well, something like that depends on the creativity and skill of the interviewer. If it had been a call-in type of show, or perhaps if listeners would have been able to ask questions of Donal, I would have asked him about how he thinks Rory would have adapted to all the new technology, and all the innovative ways that music reaches new audiences. For example I wonder if he would consider such novel approaches as having his music featured on some of the music teaching computer games, such as RockSmith or BandFuse- a lot of serious and savy young musicians use those programs, and it would not only introduce his music to a new audience, but would also get young musicians curious enough to learn from him. How would Rory feel if young kids were inspired to start playing because of his guitar mastery?

And also, how's his book about Rory coming along? Would he consider co-writing a book about Rory with maybe Tom O'Driscoll and/or Mark Feltham- especially if the task seems daunting or if he's at an impasse- maybe make it easier, to sort of share the thoughts and inspirations?

:mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby capo » 07 Mar 2014, 15:52

Yes, I wish you had done the interview Roberta! Great questions. Which reminded me of something, didn't we all like a year ago pose questions to Donal and Daniel which was to be answered on the Forum here? Did I miss it? Just wondering. Peace.
capo

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings