Introduction at the beginning of Stage Struck

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Introduction at the beginning of Stage Struck

Postby Andrew Smith » 20 Aug 2013, 04:20

Does anyone know who it was who welcomed Rory Gallagher and his band to the stage on Track 1 of Stage Struck (Shinkicker)? The reason why I'm asking is because I thought it maybe a BBC Radio DJ. It certainly doesn't sound like Pete Drummond who introduced a lot of those concerts back then. Was any part of this album sourced from performances for BBC radio or television? I thought it sounded a bit like Mike Smith.

Thanks
Andy
Andrew Smith

Re: Introduction at the beginning of Stage Struck

Postby Jay Jay » 23 Aug 2013, 10:55

Andrew Smith wrote:Does anyone know who it was who welcomed Rory Gallagher and his band to the stage on Track 1 of Stage Struck (Shinkicker)? The reason why I'm asking is because I thought it maybe a BBC Radio DJ. It certainly doesn't sound like Pete Drummond who introduced a lot of those concerts back then. Was any part of this album sourced from performances for BBC radio or television? I thought it sounded a bit like Mike Smith.

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy,
It was Peter Collins who sadly passed away last year :(

Link here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2223#p18399
Jay Jay

Re: Introduction at the beginning of Stage Struck

Postby Andrew Smith » 29 Aug 2013, 23:28

Jay Jay wrote:
Andrew Smith wrote:Does anyone know who it was who welcomed Rory Gallagher and his band to the stage on Track 1 of Stage Struck (Shinkicker)? The reason why I'm asking is because I thought it maybe a BBC Radio DJ. It certainly doesn't sound like Pete Drummond who introduced a lot of those concerts back then. Was any part of this album sourced from performances for BBC radio or television? I thought it sounded a bit like Mike Smith.

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy,
It was Peter Collins who sadly passed away last year :(

Link here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2223#p18399

Shame to hear, and at just 59-years-of-age.
Andrew Smith

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings