Fontana Showband Slow Down

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Fontana Showband Slow Down

Postby RobertaSparrow » 27 Apr 2013, 00:46

I don't know if this is appropriate to post or not. I don't know what to think of it. I sell stuff some time on Ebay (nothing pertaining to anything to do with Rory or his stuff) so a lot of times I get pop-ups on things their search engine thinks i might want to buy (ain't technology great? :roll: ) Anyway, this popped up. It's way more than I could ever afford, not even in my wildest dreams, but it certainly is an unusual listing-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230819289668?ss ... 1423.l2649

"RORY GALLAGHER ~ THE FONTANA SHOWBAND ~ SLOW DOWN B/W MY BONNIE ~ EMI ACETATE 7." I don't know who is selling it. Does Rory's estate have any claim to it? Seems like something that should be saved, preserved in an archive or something, or maybe donated for a tax break to the music library in Cork. It would be pretty old, and probably pretty fragile these days. I don't know- but seems sad to see it listed that way.
RobertaSparrow

Re: Fontana Showband Slow Down

Postby folkdeejay » 27 Apr 2013, 10:42

RobertaSparrow wrote:I don't know if this is appropriate to post or not. I don't know what to think of it. I sell stuff some time on Ebay (nothing pertaining to anything to do with Rory or his stuff) so a lot of times I get pop-ups on things their search engine thinks i might want to buy (ain't technology great? :roll: ) Anyway, this popped up. It's way more than I could ever afford, not even in my wildest dreams, but it certainly is an unusual listing-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230819289668?ss ... 1423.l2649

"RORY GALLAGHER ~ THE FONTANA SHOWBAND ~ SLOW DOWN B/W MY BONNIE ~ EMI ACETATE 7." I don't know who is selling it. Does Rory's estate have any claim to it? Seems like something that should be saved, preserved in an archive or something, or maybe donated for a tax break to the music library in Cork. It would be pretty old, and probably pretty fragile these days. I don't know- but seems sad to see it listed that way.

That has been around on ebay for months. Not saying its dodgy- I'm sure it is as described. Megabucks though.
folkdeejay

Re: Fontana Showband Slow Down

Postby RobertaSparrow » 27 Apr 2013, 14:53

It's been a while since I'd spent much time on Ebay- I'd never seen that before. I noticed the listing just recycled since it didn't get any bids approaching their asking price (yeah- a lot of money for what it is). As memorabilia it really should be in a library or similar.
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings