Rory Gallagher German TV 1982 youtube

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Rory Gallagher German TV 1982 youtube

Postby Flamenca » 23 Mar 2013, 14:27

I hadn't seen this one before during my rambles around youtube ...
Check out the saxes and Gerry McAvoy vocals on Nadine!
Just in case anyone else hasn't ... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E7EKOd3JIw
Flamenca

Re: Rory Gallagher German TV 1982 youtube

Postby Sinner Girl » 23 Mar 2013, 16:17

Flamenca wrote:I hadn't seen this one before during my rambles around youtube ...
Check out the saxes and Gerry McAvoy vocals on Nadine!
Just in case anyone else hasn't ... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E7EKOd3JIw

Good finding ;) ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Re: Rory Gallagher German TV 1982 youtube

Postby RobertaSparrow » 24 Mar 2013, 14:16

Hi Flamenca- hadn't seen that one before- Insomnia has been my constant companion these last few weeks. I saw the post on this one so watched it on the big set-

I really like the beginning of this one- Rory looks so relaxed and happy during the interview. I guess he was pretty fluent in German? Watching him as the interviewer translates he clearly knows what the guy's saying. And he seems a lot less tense there- probably because he has the guitar in his hands, he's just so comfortable with it. His acoustic playing was always my favorite- it takes so much more passion and feeling to play that well, and his musical genius really shines when he's playing like that.

I hadn't seen that particular guitar before- usually he either played the Martin or that Takamine that he played in the later shows. He looks like a kid with a new toy!

Do you know, did he ever play a classical guitar? I don't mean that style of music, but did he ever use a classical guitar in any of his recordings?

I like the way he does Nadine- he could out-do Chuck Berry easily! If ever a man was born to Rock it was Rory!
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings