Stratogy

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Stratogy

Postby mikeh » 05 Jan 2013, 17:10

I saw a Taste compilation called Taste Stratogy (yes correct spelling) on Spotify and also as an MP3 download on Amazon. It has unreleased material from Taste some live. The first track seems to me a live versionof Catfish with someone sharing the vocals with Rory. There is no further inof and I can't find a CD edition or any other info about it on the 'net. I searced the forum before I posted so sorry if its been discussed before. ANyone know anything about it?
mikeh

Re: Stratogy

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Jan 2013, 13:37

Hi Mike, welcome to Rory's forum.

mikeh wrote:I saw a Taste compilation called Taste Stratogy (yes correct spelling) on Spotify and also as an MP3 download on Amazon. It has unreleased material from Taste some live. The first track seems to me a live versionof Catfish with someone sharing the vocals with Rory. There is no further inof and I can't find a CD edition or any other info about it on the 'net. I searced the forum before I posted so sorry if its been discussed before. ANyone know anything about it?

If it's the same Taste tracks? I questioned Daniel Gallagher about this some months ago when I saw it on amazon. It is a new John Wilson's Taste production, not at all with Rory or his estate involved. Which is ok for John to play the old Taste tracks. Why I question Daniel is the fact how he was allowed or the copyright to play a post Taste song like Shadow Play. Which I saw on this cd / itunes being sold??
Jay Jay

Postby vasdis » 08 Jan 2013, 19:14

Whilst looking for this Taste album (Stratogy), i found on Music Stack, an album in cd format called Wall To Wall--The Original Taste without Rory Gallagher.
A Dutch album on the Bad Reputation label.I am now confused ,any ideas ?

Sorry it looks like it may have been discussed on here before i joined, but seriously is it any good and would it be worth getting hold of ?
vasdis

Postby folkdeejay » 16 Apr 2014, 13:39

These non-Rory taste recordings are all on spotify.

odd to hear.

Also - the intro to a supposedly live version blister on the moon sounds a lot like a young Rory introducing, with some thin, bell like strat tones played briefly pre-song , but then is clearly a studio version re-recording, all fuzzy 90's sounding guitars and cheesy production.

If it is a Rory overdub at the beginning - Is that even legal??

http://open.spotify.com/track/4wvKADDNHtAfHiYpYsOBzp
folkdeejay

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings