Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby Tibor77 » 09 Feb 2013, 16:20

Thanks a lot fenderbass, I will try that. I ordered irish Tour remaster from Amazon last year but tomy my suprise it is in jewle case (even if it is the 2012 edition). The other three I bought were dipaks.
Tibor77
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 20:53

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby folkdeejay » 10 Feb 2013, 11:41

There is a Greatest Double album poll here ... http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/double_album

You can add Other and specify a title - so I added Irish Tour.

Could we bump it into the lead ???
User avatar
folkdeejay
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 12:32

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby Sid_Sidow » 22 Oct 2013, 03:01

I am absolutey ADDICTED to IT'74 (ever since 1976 when I bought it, especially after my personal Irish Tour '13 this April!!)

One thing I have never gotten through is the chant the crowd is shouting after 'Walk On Hot Coals'
It sounds somewhat like "Back on Rory...." for an encore I'm sure

But I cannot understand anything else....Help here?
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
User avatar
Sid_Sidow
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 20:12
Location: Omaha Nebraska (fly-over country)

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby smudge » 22 Oct 2013, 14:29

I know this is a late reply, Tibor77, but you'll still find the remastered Irish Tour '74 CD at www.amazon.co.uk for £5 or £6.
smudge
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 24 Jan 2013, 03:21

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby Leedelta » 23 Oct 2013, 08:18

Sid_Sidow wrote:I am absolutey ADDICTED to IT'74 (ever since 1976 when I bought it, especially after my personal Irish Tour '13 this April!!)

One thing I have never gotten through is the chant the crowd is shouting after 'Walk On Hot Coals'
It sounds somewhat like "Back on Rory...." for an encore I'm sure

But I cannot understand anything else....Help here?


"Nice one Rory, nice one son." To my ears anyway.
Leedelta
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 08 May 2011, 01:38

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby keltic wolf » 23 Oct 2013, 19:20

Leedelta wrote:
Sid_Sidow wrote:I am absolutey ADDICTED to IT'74 (ever since 1976 when I bought it, especially after my personal Irish Tour '13 this April!!)

One thing I have never gotten through is the chant the crowd is shouting after 'Walk On Hot Coals'
It sounds somewhat like "Back on Rory...." for an encore I'm sure

But I cannot understand anything else....Help here?


"Nice one Rory, nice one son." To my ears anyway.


Absolutly love the chant at the end of WOHC I always thought it was 'nice one Rory nice one son nice one Rory and his albums No.1' soooooooo wish I hada been there :(
Here I am...where are you?
keltic wolf
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 00:42
Location: Eire

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby Sid_Sidow » 24 Oct 2013, 01:20

OOOPPSS!!!! Sorry for being SUCH a dummy!!!

Listened (yet again) to IT'74 and the chant is at the end of Who's That Coming?
(can't quite figure how to embed it into my message - hints/tips??)

[attachment]end of Who's That Coming-.mp3[attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
User avatar
Sid_Sidow
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 20:12
Location: Omaha Nebraska (fly-over country)

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby vasdis » 28 Oct 2013, 19:12

It was on again last night till midnight ,but very worthwhile staying up to watch it again,classic stuff indeed !
vasdis
 
Posts: 374
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:23

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby anniewithaj » 25 Nov 2013, 21:01

Irish Tour 74 is absolutely the best concert footage recorded for a film. I've asked Santa for my own copy!

A few months ago, when it was still being offered on Netflix streaming, I watched Irish Tour 74. As soon as I saw the seagulls at the beginning, a fuzzy memory of seeing it before came into my head. I remember driving 75 miles to Nashville with a musician friend on a Sunday afternoon to see the film. It was the Belcourt Theater I think. Recently, somewhere on the internet I read that Irish Tour 74 didn't play in US movie theaters or at least not in secondary markets like Nashville would have been in back in '74-'75. Does anyone out there know what US theaters screened it? Or where such a listing might be? I've searched in vain. I'd just like to know for sure.
anniewithaj
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 23 Aug 2013, 12:46

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby RobertaSparrow » 26 Nov 2013, 19:03

anniewithaj wrote: Recently, somewhere on the internet I read that Irish Tour 74 didn't play in US movie theaters or at least not in secondary markets like Nashville would have been in back in '74-'75. Does anyone out there know what US theaters screened it? Or where such a listing might be? I've searched in vain. I'd just like to know for sure.


Hi anniewithaj,

I never saw Irish Tour 74 until its re-release years after Rory's passing. It seems it was another of Rory's achievements that we here did not learn of until years after the fact. I lived in the San Gabriel Valley outside of L.A, back then, and I remember seeing other films of a similar genre at the art house type theaters, such as the Nuart Cinema in Santa Monica or the Rialto in South Pasadena. Covina had a little theater that used to run those types of films as well in the 70's- that's where I saw The Last Waltz, and Renaldo and Clara, back when they were first released.

Seems if IT74 were to have been shown in the U.S. a major market like Los Angeles would have gotten it. But then again, I imagine if a die-hard Rory fan who also happened to run a theater were to obtain a copy, I'm sure it would have been run, and Nashville is no stranger to good music and die-hard music fans. So, consider yourself one of the lucky few! :D

I have the BluRay copy of IT74, and there is a wonderful running narrative by Rory's brother Donal and Rory's bass player on an alternate audio track, gives some interesting insight to the making of the film ;)
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 3248
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests