Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby Tibor77 » 09 Feb 2013, 16:20

Thanks a lot fenderbass, I will try that. I ordered irish Tour remaster from Amazon last year but tomy my suprise it is in jewle case (even if it is the 2012 edition). The other three I bought were dipaks.
Tibor77

Postby folkdeejay » 10 Feb 2013, 11:41

There is a Greatest Double album poll here ... http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/double_album

You can add Other and specify a title - so I added Irish Tour.

Could we bump it into the lead ???
folkdeejay

Postby Sid_Sidow » 22 Oct 2013, 03:01

I am absolutey ADDICTED to IT'74 (ever since 1976 when I bought it, especially after my personal Irish Tour '13 this April!!)

One thing I have never gotten through is the chant the crowd is shouting after 'Walk On Hot Coals'
It sounds somewhat like "Back on Rory...." for an encore I'm sure

But I cannot understand anything else....Help here?
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby smudge » 22 Oct 2013, 14:29

I know this is a late reply, Tibor77, but you'll still find the remastered Irish Tour '74 CD at www.amazon.co.uk for £5 or £6.
smudge

Postby Leedelta » 23 Oct 2013, 08:18

Sid_Sidow wrote:I am absolutey ADDICTED to IT'74 (ever since 1976 when I bought it, especially after my personal Irish Tour '13 this April!!)

One thing I have never gotten through is the chant the crowd is shouting after 'Walk On Hot Coals'

"Nice one Rory, nice one son." To my ears anyway.
Leedelta

Postby keltic wolf » 23 Oct 2013, 19:20

Leedelta wrote:
Sid_Sidow wrote:I am absolutey ADDICTED to IT'74 (ever since 1976 when I bought it, especially after my personal Irish Tour '13 this April!!)

"Nice one Rory, nice one son." To my ears anyway.

Absolutly love the chant at the end of WOHC I always thought it was 'nice one Rory nice one son nice one Rory and his albums No.1' soooooooo wish I hada been there :(
Here I am...where are you?
keltic wolf

Postby Sid_Sidow » 24 Oct 2013, 01:20

OOOPPSS!!!! Sorry for being SUCH a dummy!!!

Listened (yet again) to IT'74 and the chant is at the end of Who's That Coming?
(can't quite figure how to embed it into my message - hints/tips??)

[attachment]end of Who's That Coming-.mp3[attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby vasdis » 28 Oct 2013, 19:12

It was on again last night till midnight ,but very worthwhile staying up to watch it again,classic stuff indeed !
vasdis

Postby anniewithaj » 25 Nov 2013, 21:01

Irish Tour 74 is absolutely the best concert footage recorded for a film. I've asked Santa for my own copy!

A few months ago, when it was still being offered on Netflix streaming, I watched Irish Tour 74. As soon as I saw the seagulls at the beginning, a fuzzy memory of seeing it before came into my head. I remember driving 75 miles to Nashville with a musician friend on a Sunday afternoon to see the film. It was the Belcourt Theater I think. Recently, somewhere on the internet I read that Irish Tour 74 didn't play in US movie theaters or at least not in secondary markets like Nashville would have been in back in '74-'75. Does anyone out there know what US theaters screened it? Or where such a listing might be? I've searched in vain. I'd just like to know for sure.
anniewithaj

Postby RobertaSparrow » 26 Nov 2013, 19:03

anniewithaj wrote: Recently, somewhere on the internet I read that Irish Tour 74 didn't play in US movie theaters or at least not in secondary markets like Nashville would have been in back in '74-'75. Does anyone out there know what US theaters screened it? Or where such a listing might be? I've searched in vain. I'd just like to know for sure.

Hi anniewithaj,

I never saw Irish Tour 74 until its re-release years after Rory's passing. It seems it was another of Rory's achievements that we here did not learn of until years after the fact. I lived in the San Gabriel Valley outside of L.A, back then, and I remember seeing other films of a similar genre at the art house type theaters, such as the Nuart Cinema in Santa Monica or the Rialto in South Pasadena. Covina had a little theater that used to run those types of films as well in the 70's- that's where I saw The Last Waltz, and Renaldo and Clara, back when they were first released.

Seems if IT74 were to have been shown in the U.S. a major market like Los Angeles would have gotten it. But then again, I imagine if a die-hard Rory fan who also happened to run a theater were to obtain a copy, I'm sure it would have been run, and Nashville is no stranger to good music and die-hard music fans. So, consider yourself one of the lucky few! :D

I have the BluRay copy of IT74, and there is a wonderful running narrative by Rory's brother Donal and Rory's bass player on an alternate audio track, gives some interesting insight to the making of the film ;)
RobertaSparrow

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings