Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby Flamenca » 27 Nov 2013, 01:47

I didn't see Irish Tour in the late summer of '74 when it was rolled out across the UK as I was on a school exchange trip in France at the time. It did get shown again in '76 at a few cinemas because I remember John Fletcher (gas board van man - the one who had a row with Pete McNeish - Shelley Buzzcocks fame in The Bridgewater pub, St. Helens Road, Leigh :roll: ) and his mate Paul Scholes the Rory clone, going to see it in Warrington - of all places. They told us after the event, otherwise I would have made the effort to see it myself ... I don't know if it were ever released on video in the 80s or 90s. Either way, I saw it on Sky Arts in 2012 and remembered it, but I can't remember when or where I saw it previously. It must have been on tv sometime after '74, my gut instinct tells me late 70s, possibly late night BBC2 in the early 80s, but I couldn't say for certain, exactly when.
Flamenca

Re: Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour.

Postby anniewithaj » 01 Dec 2013, 21:14

Cynthia and Flamenca - I hope you know how fortunate you were to live in Los Angeles and London respectively during the 70's! Rock acts always played there! Nashville in the 70s was not as rock n roll friendly as people might assume. In the late 70s many of the bigger names stopped coming to Nashville because there was not a venue large enough to bring in the money required. The local promoters had a part to play as well. We did have some wonderful concerts but I can remember road trips to concerts in larger cities to see artists who didn't come to Nashville. Being a fan back then was a hard job! No Internet! Oddly enough, the late 70s was when Rory started coming to Nashville more often. Bless his heart.
anniewithaj

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings