Page 3 of 4

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 11 May 2013, 01:31
by Andrew Smith
innuendo wrote:
Andrew Smith wrote:Is there anymore news on the 2013 reissues of Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence? Originally you said that you were hoping to get them out by June, but there is no pre-order listing for any of these releases on Amazon UK yet.

Regards
Andy


i'm interested in that too. did you buy all the 2012 remasters andrew? and are they all digipacks or some are jewel cases? i'm asking this cos i saw some 2012 remasters are digipacks and some jewel cases on amazon under product description.


All cardboard digipacks and brought from Amazon UK. They have a pull-out booklet. Nothing too fancy, but a very good job done updating the packaging. Now, when are we going to see Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence reissued in these digipacks? Hopefully, they will all feature the original mixes but with new 2013 remastering. This is exactly what they did with the other recent reissues by Sony Music. They were all the original mixes but with fresh 2012 remastering.

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 15:52
by innuendo
does new 2012 remasters even exist in jewel cases? according to amazon they do.

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 17 May 2013, 20:20
by RobertaSparrow
All the Rory CDs I've gotten from my local record store have been in jewel cases- I want to reorder the new reissues with the digipacks- are they only available through UK sources?

If that's the case then that's what I'll do, but I can't say money is no object because it definitely is- ordering from the UK gets expensive, shipping and all (Amazon USA ships for free here, but not Amazon UK).

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 17 May 2013, 20:37
by Tokeiihto
I bought mine via amazon.co.uk - all digipacks. However, I've seen some of the re-releases as jewel cases in several stores around. At the time I thought this might be a thing exclusive to the German versions. Well, that's obviously not the case.

@Roberta: It's probably best to simply ask the seller whether the CDs come in digipack or jewel case.

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 01:06
by Andrew Smith
As far as I know, all the 2012 reissues are in digipacks. All the ones I've got are anyway. The 2013 remasters of Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence (what this thread was originally the subject of) are still not listed up on Amazon UK for pre-ordering. Originally, Daniel Gallagher said they would be released in June, but so far, no sign. Has there been a delay or a change of release date? Like I've said before, these albums don't deserve to miss out on the same treatment that all the other albums had last year (fresh remastering, updated packaging with relevant info on the sleeve etc).

Thanks
Andy

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 19:41
by innuendo
Tokeiihto wrote:I bought mine via amazon.co.uk - all digipacks. However, I've seen some of the re-releases as jewel cases in several stores around. At the time I thought this might be a thing exclusive to the German versions. Well, that's obviously not the case.

@Roberta: It's probably best to simply ask the seller whether the CDs come in digipack or jewel case.

thanks for your answer. i don't really know would i like more that they are digipack or jewel case, i mean i prefer jewel case cos that cardboard paper of digipack can get damaged easier that plastic of jewel case but then again i would like to have them in digipack as a mini lp replicas of original releases.

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 00:35
by Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith wrote:As far as I know, all the 2012 reissues are in digipacks. All the ones I've got are anyway. The 2013 remasters of Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence (what this thread was originally the subject of) are still not listed up on Amazon UK for pre-ordering. Originally, Daniel Gallagher said they would be released in June, but so far, no sign. Has there been a delay or a change of release date? Like I've said before, these albums don't deserve to miss out on the same treatment that all the other albums had last year (fresh remastering, updated packaging with relevant info on the sleeve etc).

Thanks
Andy


Is there anymore news from Daniel Gallagher regarding these reissues? Originally, he said they would be released in the spring (2013), but it's now late June and they're not even listed on Amazon UK yet for pre-order! Is there any chance you could give us an update on the release date of these reissues?

Thanks
Andrew Smith

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 10:25
by Jay Jay
Andrew Smith wrote:s there anymore news from Daniel Gallagher regarding these reissues? Originally, he said they would be released in the spring (2013), but it's now late June and they're not even listed on Amazon UK yet for pre-order! Is there any chance you could give us an update on the release date of these reissues?

Thanks
Andrew Smith


Apologies for the delay as Daniel's been in the USA and was not receiving my emails for some reason.

Hi Jay Jay,

Hope you're good, just wanted to update the forum as I saw it was a question asked, that I'm working to get the last re-issued albums out for mid September. The audio has been mastered and the artwork completed just had to arrange a date that Sony were happy to release on.

Cheers,

Daniel Gallagher
Strange Music Ltd

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2013, 01:46
by Kruzer31
I see that amazon UK has Stagestruck and Fresh Evidence available for pre-order with a release date of September 16th. I

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2013, 21:33
by innuendo
Kruzer31 wrote:I see that amazon UK has Stagestruck and Fresh Evidence available for pre-order with a release date of September 16th. I


can you give us that links?