Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby Andrew Smith » 11 May 2013, 01:31

innuendo wrote:
Andrew Smith wrote:Is there anymore news on the 2013 reissues of Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence? Originally you said that you were hoping to get them out by June, but there is no pre-order listing for any of these releases on Amazon UK yet.

Regards
Andy


i'm interested in that too. did you buy all the 2012 remasters andrew? and are they all digipacks or some are jewel cases? i'm asking this cos i saw some 2012 remasters are digipacks and some jewel cases on amazon under product description.


All cardboard digipacks and brought from Amazon UK. They have a pull-out booklet. Nothing too fancy, but a very good job done updating the packaging. Now, when are we going to see Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence reissued in these digipacks? Hopefully, they will all feature the original mixes but with new 2013 remastering. This is exactly what they did with the other recent reissues by Sony Music. They were all the original mixes but with fresh 2012 remastering.
User avatar
Andrew Smith
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 22:34
Location: Bognor Regis, UK

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby innuendo » 15 May 2013, 15:52

does new 2012 remasters even exist in jewel cases? according to amazon they do.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 May 2013, 20:20

All the Rory CDs I've gotten from my local record store have been in jewel cases- I want to reorder the new reissues with the digipacks- are they only available through UK sources?

If that's the case then that's what I'll do, but I can't say money is no object because it definitely is- ordering from the UK gets expensive, shipping and all (Amazon USA ships for free here, but not Amazon UK).
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 3179
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby Tokeiihto » 17 May 2013, 20:37

I bought mine via amazon.co.uk - all digipacks. However, I've seen some of the re-releases as jewel cases in several stores around. At the time I thought this might be a thing exclusive to the German versions. Well, that's obviously not the case.

@Roberta: It's probably best to simply ask the seller whether the CDs come in digipack or jewel case.
"From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying." (B. Dylan)
User avatar
Tokeiihto
 
Posts: 212
Joined: 10 Nov 2010, 10:59
Location: Berlin

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby Andrew Smith » 02 Jun 2013, 01:06

As far as I know, all the 2012 reissues are in digipacks. All the ones I've got are anyway. The 2013 remasters of Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence (what this thread was originally the subject of) are still not listed up on Amazon UK for pre-ordering. Originally, Daniel Gallagher said they would be released in June, but so far, no sign. Has there been a delay or a change of release date? Like I've said before, these albums don't deserve to miss out on the same treatment that all the other albums had last year (fresh remastering, updated packaging with relevant info on the sleeve etc).

Thanks
Andy
User avatar
Andrew Smith
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 22:34
Location: Bognor Regis, UK

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby innuendo » 04 Jun 2013, 19:41

Tokeiihto wrote:I bought mine via amazon.co.uk - all digipacks. However, I've seen some of the re-releases as jewel cases in several stores around. At the time I thought this might be a thing exclusive to the German versions. Well, that's obviously not the case.

@Roberta: It's probably best to simply ask the seller whether the CDs come in digipack or jewel case.

thanks for your answer. i don't really know would i like more that they are digipack or jewel case, i mean i prefer jewel case cos that cardboard paper of digipack can get damaged easier that plastic of jewel case but then again i would like to have them in digipack as a mini lp replicas of original releases.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby Andrew Smith » 28 Jun 2013, 00:35

Andrew Smith wrote:As far as I know, all the 2012 reissues are in digipacks. All the ones I've got are anyway. The 2013 remasters of Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence (what this thread was originally the subject of) are still not listed up on Amazon UK for pre-ordering. Originally, Daniel Gallagher said they would be released in June, but so far, no sign. Has there been a delay or a change of release date? Like I've said before, these albums don't deserve to miss out on the same treatment that all the other albums had last year (fresh remastering, updated packaging with relevant info on the sleeve etc).

Thanks
Andy


Is there anymore news from Daniel Gallagher regarding these reissues? Originally, he said they would be released in the spring (2013), but it's now late June and they're not even listed on Amazon UK yet for pre-order! Is there any chance you could give us an update on the release date of these reissues?

Thanks
Andrew Smith
User avatar
Andrew Smith
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 22:34
Location: Bognor Regis, UK

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Jul 2013, 10:25

Andrew Smith wrote:s there anymore news from Daniel Gallagher regarding these reissues? Originally, he said they would be released in the spring (2013), but it's now late June and they're not even listed on Amazon UK yet for pre-order! Is there any chance you could give us an update on the release date of these reissues?

Thanks
Andrew Smith


Apologies for the delay as Daniel's been in the USA and was not receiving my emails for some reason.

Hi Jay Jay,

Hope you're good, just wanted to update the forum as I saw it was a question asked, that I'm working to get the last re-issued albums out for mid September. The audio has been mastered and the artwork completed just had to arrange a date that Sony were happy to release on.

Cheers,

Daniel Gallagher
Strange Music Ltd
User avatar
Jay Jay
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:03
Location: In Your Town

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby Kruzer31 » 14 Aug 2013, 01:46

I see that amazon UK has Stagestruck and Fresh Evidence available for pre-order with a release date of September 16th. I
Kruzer31
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 01:42

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby innuendo » 15 Aug 2013, 21:33

Kruzer31 wrote:I see that amazon UK has Stagestruck and Fresh Evidence available for pre-order with a release date of September 16th. I


can you give us that links?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron