Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: Stage Struck, Defender & Fresh Evidence 2012 Reissues

Postby Jay Jay » 28 Jan 2013, 16:17

Andrew Smith wrote:I've yet to hear anything from any of the powers that be about why Stagestruck, Defender & Fresh Evidence weren't included in the 2012 reissue series. Whether they were the original mixes or not, fresh remastering would've been a great benefit to these albums, aswell as updated packaging. I can't help feel that Rory's catalogue won't be complete until these last three albums get the 2012 treatment. All of Rory's albums deserve to be treated the same, and no album should get preferential treatment. I really hope that whoever decided to release these reissues seriously reconsiders the decision to neglect Stagestruck, Defender & Fresh Evidence. None of Rory's albums derserve to be neglected.

Hi Andy,

Daniel Gallagher has not neglected these 3 great Rory albums. Here is the answer for you, I hope you'll be happier with this great news :)

" On the re-issue of Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence, I'm working on Sony to try and get these done for June "

Daniel
Jay Jay

Postby Andrew Smith » 28 Jan 2013, 17:22

This is great to hear! That will be the catalogue completed. I'll be snapping them up as soon as they're released. All the previous remasters sound fantastic and better than the previous CD versions. The packaging upgrade is also alot more up-to-date than the previous CD versions. Thanks for the news and for reissuing these last three albums. :)

Andy
Andrew Smith

Postby Garbage Man » 31 Jan 2013, 07:53

Hello

I wondered If something was planned this years to mark the 10th anniversary of Wheels within' Wheels ? I thought about a remastered edition with bonus tracks or an acoustic session never heard before.

Is that someone can answer me clearly ?

Thanks.
Garbage Man

Postby innuendo » 03 Feb 2013, 17:22

i didn't buy any of these new remasters so far but i'm gonna rectify that for sure.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Dave Harmon » 08 Feb 2013, 17:46

My original Vinyl version of Stage Struck bought in 1981 had a bonus single with a version of Helcat & Nothing But The Devil on it, will these versions be added to the remaster of Stage Stuck. The version of Helcat on Top Priority is not the same. I found my year 2000 CD version of Stage Stuck had far too much bass compared to the original Vinyl, does anyone else find that?
Dave Harmon

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Feb 2013, 19:13

Dave Harmon wrote:My original Vinyl version of Stage Struck bought in 1981 had a bonus single with a version of Helcat & Nothing But The Devil on it, will these versions be added to the remaster of Stage Stuck. The version of Helcat on Top Priority is not the same. I found my year 2000 CD version of Stage Stuck had far too much bass compared to the original Vinyl, does anyone else find that?

Hi Dave and very warm welcome to Rory's Forum..
Congratulations also on being our 1000 member, since this new Rory forum began not that long ago.

Yes I bought the original Stage Struck on vinyl all those years ago with free single :) I've even got the badge on my denim jacket for Stage Struck Tour in 1980 still. Got the remastered 2000 CD, don't find it too bassy. I like more bottom end on recordings. Otherwise usually the sound is to thin. I'm A rhythm section player in a band though. I've said this before, if they bring out the Taste Live @ The Isle of Wight. I hope Daniel Gallagher who will probably to the mix. From The vinyl Taste Live @ The IOW, adds more BASS! ;)

As said on posts previous on this topic Daniel Gallagher has said Capo Records & Sony are probably releasing Stage Struck in June, more like the original recording with less bass maybe..

So you will be more happy with this copy hey Dave?

Rock On for Rory
Regardless, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby folkdeejay » 10 Feb 2013, 11:47

I have twp clopies of Stagestruck on vinyl - one of them has a blondie label on one side (also on Chrysalis).

Wonder if this increases or decreases its worth to a collector?

The other is one of my prize signed LP's. Rory autographed them all on his Defender tour :-)
folkdeejay

Postby Andrew Smith » 04 May 2013, 22:53

Is there anymore news on the 2013 reissues of Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence? Originally you said that you were hoping to get them out by June, but there is no pre-order listing for any of these releases on Amazon UK yet.

Regards
Andy
Andrew Smith

Postby innuendo » 05 May 2013, 08:09

Andrew Smith wrote:Is there anymore news on the 2013 reissues of Stage Struck, Defender and Fresh Evidence? Originally you said that you were hoping to get them out by June, but there is no pre-order listing for any of these releases on Amazon UK yet.

Regards
Andy

i'm interested in that too. did you buy all the 2012 remasters andrew? and are they all digipacks or some are jewel cases? i'm asking this cos i saw some 2012 remasters are digipacks and some jewel cases on amazon under product description.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Eddy Flycatcher » 05 May 2013, 08:59

Mine are all digipacks, not bought from Amazon.
Eddy Flycatcher

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings