RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Postby innuendo » 24 Apr 2013, 19:59

what's the difference between these 2 album releases?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006 ... il_1p_2_ti
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006 ... mercial-21

both are 2012 remasters but the price is different so there must be something different about them.


maybe one is for uk and the other for us market? on the first link it says it's a jewelcase but the other one says nothing. aren't all rory's 2012 remasters digipack?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Re: RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Postby smudge » 25 Apr 2013, 04:04

I bought all the 2012 remasters from HMV and, unlike all the others, the debut album is in a standard plastic jewel case. Was it also released in a digipak?
smudge
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 24 Jan 2013, 03:21

Re: RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Postby innuendo » 25 Apr 2013, 17:44

smudge wrote:I bought all the 2012 remasters from HMV and, unlike all the others, the debut album is in a standard plastic jewel case. Was it also released in a digipak?


i hope someone who has bought all the new remasters will give us more info. jay jay?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Re: RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Postby Stevo » 25 Apr 2013, 21:01

I think £1988.99 is a bit steep for a used copy. They might be pushing their luck.
Stevo
 
Posts: 144
Joined: 16 Sep 2011, 20:52

Re: RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Postby folkdeejay » 26 Apr 2013, 09:31

innuendo wrote:
smudge wrote:I bought all the 2012 remasters from HMV and, unlike all the others, the debut album is in a standard plastic jewel case. Was it also released in a digipak?


i hope someone who has bought all the new remasters will give us more info. jay jay?


I have all of them, in digipacks. Perhaps the plastic case is used for repressings of the cd, once the initial batch is sold through?
User avatar
folkdeejay
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 12:32

Re: RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Postby innuendo » 26 Apr 2013, 14:04

folkdeejay wrote:
innuendo wrote:
smudge wrote:I bought all the 2012 remasters from HMV and, unlike all the others, the debut album is in a standard plastic jewel case. Was it also released in a digipak?


i hope someone who has bought all the new remasters will give us more info. jay jay?


I have all of them, in digipacks. Perhaps the plastic case is used for repressings of the cd, once the initial batch is sold through?

thanks for your answer. so you think 2012 digipack remasters were limited edition?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Re: RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Postby folkdeejay » 26 Apr 2013, 15:38

Perhaps not a limited edition in that they market them as 'LTD' ... like a numbered special release version, but just the first batches were digipacks, so limited in as much as they just stop using digipacks after a while.

I have some other CD's that I know exist in both versions. I think in these cases they plastic cd cases were also the later pressings.
User avatar
folkdeejay
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 12:32

Re: RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Postby innuendo » 27 Apr 2013, 04:15

folkdeejay wrote:Perhaps not a limited edition in that they market them as 'LTD' ... like a numbered special release version, but just the first batches were digipacks, so limited in as much as they just stop using digipacks after a while.

I have some other CD's that I know exist in both versions. I think in these cases they plastic cd cases were also the later pressings.

thanks. do you know that for certain or are you guessing? i'm curious does jewel case has all that photos and linear notes as digipack.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Re: RORY'S ~ New re-releases!

Postby innuendo » 15 Aug 2013, 21:30

i bought calling card two days ago in a cd shop in zagreb and it's digipack. anyone has new remaster of calling card in jewel case?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests