Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Where did my Hellcat single come from?

Postby Back to the 70s » 18 Mar 2012, 11:09

Chrysalis 'free single not for resale' from 1980

A: Hellcat
B: Nothin' but the Devil

Did it come with Top Priority?
Back to the 70s

Re: Where did my Hellcat single come from?

Postby JimLED » 18 Mar 2012, 11:13

Two Hellcats we have. First one is a bonus to Top Priority CD and another one from Jinx album (track 05).
Nothin' but the Devil never been released officaly ( correct me guys ).
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Back to the 70s » 18 Mar 2012, 12:07

Must be a bonus single then (vague memories coming back to me) but being C & P 1980, I didn't know whether it came with my Top Priority (1979) or Stage Struck (1980) LPs.

I thought it had come with Top Priority (the 1979/1980 discord seemed familiar) but now I'm thinking that it came with the live album. Both sides of the single are live recordings.

Are the versions on the two reissued CDs of Top Priority live recordings? It would seem so, but it seems odd to me to add live recordings to the CD of a studio album of the previous year rather than a live album of the same year, albeit that Nothin' but the Devil (the B side of the single) might seem totally out of character on Stage Struck!
Back to the 70s

Postby Dave Harmon » 10 Feb 2013, 12:02

Hi I had a free single with my LP version of stage stuck this had Hellcat & Nothing But The Devil on it. I hope they rerelease this version of Hellcat sometime as it is different to the bonus track on Top Priority.
Dave Harmon

Postby senorshoes » 23 Apr 2013, 22:18

Definitely came with LP of Stagestruck. Nothin' but the devil is the same version that has been released on the Jinx reissues with the audience noise removed.
senorshoes

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings