4%
The Beat Club Sessions (2010)
10%
Notes From San Francisco (2011)
3%

Total votes : 100

Re: Vote 3 Best Taste / Rory "Live" Albums

Postby innuendo » 02 Aug 2011, 22:03

lonelymile wrote:I picked Irish Tour, Live in Europe and the BBC Sessions. I'm a bit surprised than Live in Europe is ahead of Irish Tour. I have never heard Meeting with G Man, is that the one which was considered to be a sort of Rory-authorized bootleg?

yes, i think it's something like official bootleg, released concert with very little production work on it
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Aug 2011, 11:09

innuendo wrote: I'm a bit surprised than Live in Europe is ahead of Irish Tour.

Me too Kruno .. but saying that in 1972 it was voted in Melody Maker Music Mag "Best LIVE ALBUM of the Year" ..

Also Live In Europe was Rory's highest placed album in the UK charts at number 9 ;)
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 06 Aug 2011, 11:29

Jay Jay wrote:
innuendo wrote: I'm a bit surprised than Live in Europe is ahead of Irish Tour.

Me too Kruno .. but saying that in 1972 it was voted in Melody Maker Music Mag "Best LIVE ALBUM of the Year" ..

Also Live In Europe was Rory's highest placed album in the UK charts at number 9 ;)

i know, maybe if more people voted we would get clearer picture about people's favorite rory live album. i can't decide do i like more irish tour or live in europe and the beat club sessions is up there with these 2, it just doesn't have that legendary status since it's new live album from last year
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Sid_Sidow » 22 Aug 2011, 02:49

Irish Tour '74 came out just as I was being introduced (via US TV) to Rory after the Tattoo release.
35+ years later, these are my absolute two favorites, although everything he did was a favorite!!
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby Sinner Girl » 22 Aug 2011, 18:29

For me is Irish tour definitely number 1 ;) ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby asdesas » 22 Aug 2011, 18:45

Too hard for me to actually rank them, same with the songs; it all depends on the mood. For me the top 3 would come from these, in continuously interchangeable order:

Stage Struck
IT74
Live in Europe
Taste Live at IOW

The version of What's Going On on TLIOW is one of my favorite recordings, period. Was just talking with a guitar playing buddy yesterday who was reminiscing about the day i called him to come over and listen to it at my parents' house years ago. "My world just f--kin changed," he said. "That's my all-time example of young musicians just getting out there and totally going for it."

Agreed!

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby Sinner Girl » 22 Aug 2011, 18:53

Ha, ha that true Richard it's changing order of albums it's t all depends on how is my mood
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 13 Sep 2011, 22:38

Well, Live in Europe was in my Dad's album collection so I was exposed to it at a very young age - that one is on the list because of that. I put Irish Tour second and then Taste Isle of Wight (though years before it would have been Stagestruck - I hadn't hunted down the Taste stuff at that point). I have a small collection of vinyl and those three live albums are in it!
bottleneckblues77

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Jan 2013, 11:09

There was a Taste recording that was on YouTube for a time but has since been removed, but I have it on my iPod, Taste at the Marquee in London, starting with I'm Moving on, then the band segues into Baby Please Don't Go, and it's one of my favorite recordings of Rory's, probably not the best as far as quality of the recording- obviously it was a live performance not intended to ever appear on an album, but Rory is outstanding on that one, Taste had an amazing sound, way ahead of everyone else. But I couldn't vote for that one 'cause it isn't on any of those as far as I know. . .
RobertaSparrow

Postby Dr. Mac » 11 May 2013, 13:00

I always feel that it's very difficult to say what the best live albums, or any Rory albums for that matter, are the best. Personally I've always liked Irish Tour '74, Stage Struck, Live In Europe and also like the San Francisco album that was released couple years ago. Every album he ever did was something amazing!! When he played, he literally spoke to you through that amazing guitar playing. Rory is like a drug......more than that.....he's a religion for many people. See ya's at the festival.....LONG LIVE RORY!!!!
Dr. Mac

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings