(RORY NEWS) ~ MORE TASTE LIVE @ The Isle of Wight

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: ( RORY NEWS ) ~ MORE TASTE LIVE @ The Isle of Wight

Postby Micky » 01 Jul 2011, 11:38

bullfrogger wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:
bullfrogger wrote:I'll be happy with a complete CD or DVD - A new Rory Grail......

Well Daniel confirmed, it was the audio master tapes he found the extra 2 tracks
He did say also though that there could be yet more film footage that's yet to be found..

As they found about recent finds such as.. Cut a Dash and Out On the Tiles ..

How many more "Rory lost treasure tracks" are to be uncovered and found I wonder? 8-)

I find it incredible that Daniel & Donal seem to be "Finding" this material from Rory's back catalogue, If it belonged to me I would have known exactly what was there, be it good bad or ugly!, I understand the technicalities of getting it released but at least I would know what there was.... let the fan's know what there is and this would surely put pressure on the record company to get it released, knowing in advance that there was a demand for it.
*note for Daniel* - Don't release a partial album, then add bits to it at a later stage... It's us the fans that get ripped off! (NFSF - Osaka Demo's)

Well in the liner notes to WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS am i correct in remembering that Donal said that he happened to find a previously unkown 'lost track' of AS THE CROW FLIES sitting in a tape-box infront of him on his desk or words to that effect?. I havan't played WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS or re-read the liner notes for about 7-8 years but it seems a little bit 'un-together' to say the least.
Last edited by Micky on 01 Jul 2011, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
Micky

Re: (RORY NEWS) ~ MORE TASTE LIVE @ The Isle of Wight

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Jul 2011, 11:46

bullfrogger wrote:I find it incredible that Daniel & Donal seem to be "Finding" this material from Rory's back catalogue, If it belonged to me I would have known exactly what was there, be it good bad or ugly!, I understand the technicalities of getting it released but at least I would know what there was.... let the fan's know what there is and this would surely put pressure on the record company to get it released, knowing in advance that there was a demand for it.
*note for Daniel* - Don't release a partial album, then add bits to it at a later stage... It's us the fans that get ripped off! (NFSF - Osaka Demo's)

Hey Steve, you're too hard on the boy, take it easy buddy ..
No offence but Daniel ain't an old rocker / geezer like you and me and us Rory fans followers having more years than Daniel was even born ..

He's only 29 and only took over the helm of Rory Gallagher Strange Music Co about a couple of years ago. Give him a chance..
"I believe Daniel Gallagher has done a magnificent job so far". Especially with all the releases in the last couple of years that have come out..
With him producing and mixing all of the Rory treasures released recently.

Rock on for Rory
Cheers, Jay Jay

Btw. Daniel did tell me he had the pleasure of seeing RORY LIVE with his dad Donal, when he was very young from the side of the stage :)
Jay Jay

Re: ( RORY NEWS ) ~ MORE TASTE LIVE @ The Isle of Wight

Postby innuendo » 01 Jul 2011, 14:47

bullfrogger wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:
bullfrogger wrote:I'll be happy with a complete CD or DVD - A new Rory Grail......

Well Daniel confirmed, it was the audio master tapes he found the extra 2 tracks
He did say also though that there could be yet more film footage that's yet to be found..

As they found about recent finds such as.. Cut a Dash and Out On the Tiles ..

How many more "Rory lost treasure tracks" are to be uncovered and found I wonder? 8-)

I find it incredible that Daniel & Donal seem to be "Finding" this material from Rory's back catalogue, If it belonged to me I would have known exactly what was there, be it good bad or ugly!, I understand the technicalities of getting it released but at least I would know what there was.... let the fan's know what there is and this would surely put pressure on the record company to get it released, knowing in advance that there was a demand for it.

i agree with you steve (btw i love your rory site). they should hire someone to sort out all the rory's stuff in the vaults or maybe they have someone like that, i don't know. it would be very nice of them to tell us EXACTLY what footage and audio stuff of taste/rory they actually have. and when they find something new they should tell us about it. then we would know what to expect of them or maybe even vote what would we wanted to be released first. that kind of communication between us fans and them is much needed and would be highly appreciated. and i'm also for all the things released (like those osaka demos from nfsf-they should have been on limited edition).
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby bullfrogger » 01 Jul 2011, 14:59

I don't want to be seen having a go at Daniel, yes he has done a remarkable job in releasing 'NEW' material to us,

However we have the Rory Timeline created by Joachim Matz & maintained by roryfan along with the Rory Videography composed by Lars, now maintained at RoryOn, there are still a lot of question marks and missing dates on these docs, surely they could be updated from the material that Daniel has, we seem to be a little disjointed... we need to work together to build a better picture of what there actually is in the back catalogue - As I said no disrespect intended we need to have a closer link with management.... :)
bullfrogger

Postby Micky » 01 Jul 2011, 17:56

Could be that POLYDOR and CHRYSALIS record lables may have studio & live recordings of Rory still hidden deep in there record vaults?.

I have heard of other 'artists' material surfacing years later after someone has gone into the record company's vaults and come across dusty old tape-boxes with previously thought 'lost' recordings?.

The black American bluesman ALBERT KING had an album released called THE LOST SESSIONS recorded in 1971 featuring JOHN MAYALL finally relesed in the early 1990s after the tapes were found in a tape-box on a dusty shelf in the record vaults.
Micky

Postby slipkid » 02 Jul 2011, 03:21

Cool news.

Looking forward to any new material coming out :-)
slipkid

Postby Chino » 02 Jul 2011, 09:43

bullfrogger wrote:I don't want to be seen having a go at Daniel, yes he has done a remarkable job in releasing 'NEW' material to us

it's really nice to see the releases since the Rory's death, it's clearly a labour of love from Donal and Daniel, no doubt.

As far as I'm concerned though, I'm not really happy about choices of remixing, bad remastering (awful loudness war!), modifications in the tracklists order and in the covers, and even tracks removings on the officials albums (I think about Just A Little Bit, incredibly removed from the Irish Tour '74 remasters, but it's another story, I don't want to polemicate).

Whatever, it's difficult even for Daniel or Donal to know exactly all what Rory recorded, live or in studio. Firstly, because Rory used differrnt studios; secondly, because he played thousands of dates, and the recordings are not all in their possession. For Hendrix for example, tapes are still discovered today, whereas he died in 1970...

For example, I've discovered recently (and bought) an unreleased video of Taste playing Catfish for the Gala de la Rose d'Or in Switzerland the 27th april 1969. Donal seemed not to have it, and asked for more infos about that, so I sent him freely and without counterpart a copy of this footage with all the infos I could find after a lot of researchs (I haven't even received a "thank you", but...).

So it's really difficult to be aware of all the recordings, even for those who are in charge of the legacy.

bullfrogger wrote:However we have the Rory Timeline created by Joachim Matz & maintained by roryfan along with the Rory Videography composed by Lars, now maintained at RoryOn, there are still a lot of question marks and missing dates on these docs, surely they could be updated from the material that Daniel has, we seem to be a little disjointed... we need to work together to build a better picture of what there actually is in the back catalogue - As I said no disrespect intended we need to have a closer link with management.... :)

Actually, when the new official website was launched, I sent to Daniel a chronological inventory on an Excel file with all the Taste and Rory's recordings in circulation (official or not, audio and video, studio and live).

I made this inventory from my personal collection, and from infos I found everywhere (I worked a bit with Lars Feller for his great videography).

So I offered that this inventory is in free access on the official website, but I received no reply... So I kept it for myself (and for the members of my forum), and it's still in construction (I haven't updated it with the lateste releases though).
My Rory Gallagher's french forum:
http://rory-gallagher.forumactif.net/
Chino

Postby bullfrogger » 02 Jul 2011, 10:37

[quote="Chino"] it's really nice to see the releases since the Rory's death, it's clearly a labour of love from Donal and Daniel, no doubt.[quote]

Chino... I totally agree with you here, It is great to see efforts being made to get the material released, and I am sure that Daniel is playing a big role in this effort.

[quote="Chino"]For example, I've discovered recently (and bought) an unreleased video of Taste playing Catfish for the Gala de la Rose d'Or in Switzerland the 27th april 1969. Donal seemed not to have it, and asked for more infos about that, so I sent him freely and without counterpart a copy of this footage with all the infos I could find after a lot of researchs (I haven't even received a "thank you", but...).[quote]

This does not surprise me at all, Daniel and Donal seem to talk through others... I think we should all be working more closely together, we have started to gather knowledge and record it in one place via the timeline and videography, still no input from the official channel to add or correct our information, hey don't forget to add the Taste video to the videography file... :)

I must get back to the subject title... I would welcome the extra tracks be they audio or video - maybe both? IOW was an iconic festival :)
bullfrogger

Postby Jay Jay » 02 Jul 2011, 10:40

Chino wrote:So I offered that this inventory is in free access on the official website, but I received no reply... So I kept it for myself (and for the members of my forum), and it's still in construction (I haven't updated it with the lateste releases though).

Hi Chino, pardon me but I'm confused with your atittude?

SO WHY CAN'T YOU SHOW SOME Of THIS RORY MATERIAL OR INFORMATION EVER ON HERE .. TO THE MEMBERS OF THIS "FREE RORY FORUM" ??

Seems to me you were being very unselfish and thoughtful and now you are the contrary in resentment??

After all Rory Fans on your forum and Rory Fans on this forum are RORY FANS ;)
Jay Jay

Postby bullfrogger » 02 Jul 2011, 10:48

Jay Jay wrote:
Chino wrote:So I offered that this inventory is in free access on the official website, but I received no reply... So I kept it for myself (and for the members of my forum), and it's still in construction (I haven't updated it with the lateste releases though).

Hi Chino, pardon me but I'm confused with your atittude?

SO WHY CAN'T YOU SHOW SOME Of THIS RORY MATERIAL OR INFORMATION EVER ON HERE .. TO THE MEMBERS OF THIS "FREE RORY FORUM" ??

Seems to me you were being very unselfish and thoughtful and now you are the contrary in resentment??

After all Rory Fans on your forum and Rory Fans on this forum are RORY FANS ;)

Jay Jay, Calm Down!! all Chino is saying is that he sent Donal a list of the known boots + commecially available material, this included what was on the timeline & vidography....

Chino, Donal would NEVER put this onto the official site as he does not like us TRADING in bootleg material (I am surprised you purchased that Taste video...)
bullfrogger

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings