(RORY NEWS) ~ MORE TASTE LIVE @ The Isle of Wight

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Re: (RORY NEWS) ~ MORE TASTE LIVE @ The Isle of Wight

Postby loulamb » 02 Dec 2012, 21:15

With regards to the Taste performance of Catfish at the gala rose d'or, will there be any opportunity for the fans to view this? It seems a bit unfair for one to own it and the fans unable to view it, unless it is due to be released on DVD? I know there are pictures of it on the timeline but knowing it exists makes it even harder to look at the pictures!
loulamb

Postby no_noise_reduction » 13 Jan 2013, 18:15

loulamb wrote:With regards to the Taste performance of Catfish at the gala rose d'or, will there be any opportunity for the fans to view this? It seems a bit unfair for one to own it and the fans unable to view it, unless it is due to be released on DVD? I know there are pictures of it on the timeline but knowing it exists makes it even harder to look at the pictures!

I guess that the only chance that this footage will become accessible to a broad audience would be the Taste compilation DVD that Daniel Gallagher was talking about a couple of years ago. Maybe as a bonus to the Isle of Wight DVD which I think is more likely to be released within a time scale of one or two years. There is still some of Taste stuff besides the IOW footage that could be released officially. I assume that Daniel Gallagher is in touch with each of the copyright owners, in the end it will depend on financial agreements.

I don't think the rose d'or footage will surface in trading circles that quickly. It's not even been seen on youtube (or am I wrong?).
no_noise_reduction

Postby loulamb » 16 Jan 2013, 00:45

Gala Rose d'or is not on youtube or accessible at all sadly although I understand copyright is the issue, although very very grateful for letting us know it exists, thankyou! It would be a great idea to include it as bonus material or even on a separate Taste DVD Catfish being one of Tastes best loved songs with no video of it in circulation, it is important.
loulamb

Postby no_noise_reduction » 16 Jan 2013, 12:04

yes it exists and since it is (apparently) held by the french INA (as is the Pop Deux footage and, as I understand, the Lambersart Studios footage), I believe chances are rather good that it could be licensed for a resonable price. But then I'm not an expert in such things. At least, I don't think it would take a DECADE of negotiations as with the IOW footage (the films of which are held by a private company).
There is also a slight chance it could turn up as downloadable content on the INA website - should somebody (Strange Music, Eagle Rock, ?) have got in touch with INA about the material, it will certainly be held back for the near future, though.
no_noise_reduction

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings