RORY GALLAGHER ~ LIVE @ My Fathers Place

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear.

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ LIVE @ My Fathers Place

Postby Johnbox73 » 01 Jul 2011, 07:19

Well said :-)

John W
Johnbox73

Postby innuendo » 01 Jul 2011, 11:02

that's very interesting opinion brady. they could also put nfsf bonus tracks on the website, i'd rather buy them from here than itunes.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby bullfrogger » 01 Jul 2011, 11:41

innuendo wrote:that's very interesting opinion brady. they could also put nfsf bonus tracks on the website, i'd rather buy them from here than itunes.

They should have included those tracks in the "DELUXE" Edition, I would rather have the music than the post cards!!
bullfrogger

Postby innuendo » 01 Jul 2011, 14:58

bullfrogger wrote:
innuendo wrote:that's very interesting opinion brady. they could also put nfsf bonus tracks on the website, i'd rather buy them from here than itunes.

They should have included those tracks in the "DELUXE" Edition, I would rather have the music than the post cards!!

that's true, that would be the most ideal thing. but that opportunity has passed, i'd even say it's lost opportunity

I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Sinner Girl » 01 Jul 2011, 15:29

bullfrogger wrote:

Yes Steve totally agree with you more music, than postcards. :) :)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Doug » 03 Jul 2011, 03:17

Ah yes, My Father's Place, September 1974. The best version of Hands Off ever on that gig. And Early in the Morning ain't half bad either. If fact, the whole thing kicks ass!
Doug

Postby onthetiles » 06 Jul 2011, 11:19

Good point there Brian. I have downloaded Rory bootlegs for free yet I would have been more than happy to pay for it, as it should rightly be. It would be OK by me to just pay the Gallagher estate directly and get into the vaults. I don't like the fact that I have effectively stolen from Rory :( yet I just want to hear as much of his music as I can. I would like to propose a name for this venture... Rorys Cellar full of Blues. ... OK you can have a go at me if you like lol.
onthetiles

Postby Reid » 18 Jul 2011, 03:32

Johnbox73 wrote:What a gig!!!! One of my faves...

this is simply brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9aefl3Ho6I

John W

Wow! I haven't heard that tune in a long time and that version kicks ass!
Reid

Postby asdesas » 09 Aug 2011, 19:19

Good idea about the digital downloads--though I actually like to hear him tune and interact with the audience and bandmates. I want it all!

Speaking of My Father's Place--check out the famous Shadowplay Montreux '79 vid--there's a guy in a MFP t-shirt at 3:45! I've been posting on the MFP page on Facebook trying to find out who it might be.

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby phrob » 09 Jan 2012, 04:46

Heres an interesting fact about the <74 my fathers place show: an old friend of mine named Vinnie Rampino ,who saw Rory 26 times in the NYC area,was at this show,and told me that Rory did,indeed,open with Messin with the Kid,but it was never broadcast,most likely due to taping problems or 1st song bad mix!! Vinnie took many pictures of rory at my fathers place and the bottom line,and I was lucky enough to get these from him! Vinnie has some great Rory Stories,and even handed his beer to rory from the front row!!! anyway, I am new to this forum,but I am a HUGE rory fan,with almost EVERY LP (including all the diff.compilations)ever printed in every country,including most 45s,and every single live recording in circulation: literally 100s!! who can i swap shows with and other rory stuff?? I have at least 8 tour books from the 70s,old mags,photos,everything and anything RORY!! please,fellow fanatics.lets be in touch and share our rare stuff!!!! :) oh,and here is the most frustrating thing for me about Rory: my birthday is June 14,1969 the same day he passed in '94! doesnt that just suck!!
phrob

PreviousNext

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • RADIO • TV • RECORDS