RORY GALLAGHER ~ LIVE @ My Fathers Place

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear.

RORY GALLAGHER ~ LIVE @ My Fathers Place

Postby onthetiles » 26 Jun 2011, 13:31

I am enjoying the new SF cd, and reading the article in Guitar and Bass magazine. It occured to me, concerning the issue of live concerts, that a good one to do would be 'my fathers place'. I think its a very good example of Rory, I play it to anyone I know who doesnt get RG and they all think its blistering. One of my friends always asks me to put that 'paint stripper' on whenever he comes around.

So I wondered if anyone else feels the same, and if a master tape exists. I believe the club was in New York, and it may have been on St Pats day (which explains alot). Donal mentioned it in an interview, someone got up to play and fell off the stage! Infact, I'm going to go and listen to it now.. all the best.
onthetiles

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ LIVE @ My Fathers Place

Postby innuendo » 26 Jun 2011, 17:17

i love that bootleg. but what year are you referring to? i have one from '74 called denim and strat and the other one i have is from '79
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Johnbox73 » 28 Jun 2011, 14:10

What a gig!!!! One of my faves...

this is simply brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9aefl3Ho6I

John W
Johnbox73

Postby Tokeiihto » 28 Jun 2011, 19:57

Johnbox73 wrote:What a gig!!!! One of my faves...

this is simply brilliant!

Indeed. The concert from '74 ("Denim & Strat") has to be one of the best gigs Rory did. Ever! An absolute blistering, no-holds-barred performance from start to finish. Really a must-have recording for every true Rory fan.
The one from '79 is great too, but imho not quite on a par with some other performances from that era (for instance "Koncerthuset", "RGTC", "Montreux" '79). Nevertheless it's more than worth a listen. ;)
"From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying." (B. Dylan)
Tokeiihto

Postby JimLED » 29 Jun 2011, 00:03

Agreed. 'My fathers place' all brilliant and great. Also I would like to compare it with multiple gigs at Bottom Line Club NY!
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby onthetiles » 29 Jun 2011, 20:22

Hi, it was the 74 one I'm sure, going off the set list. If I was going to a desert island I'd take this one with me :) I didn't know it was called denim and strat, is it true that is was on St. Patricks day, that must have been incredible.
onthetiles

Postby innuendo » 30 Jun 2011, 06:18

i have no info on which date that concert was held
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Johnbox73 » 30 Jun 2011, 07:24

9/3/1974 Roslyn USA My Father`s Place

12/5/1976 Roslyn USA My Father`s Place

11/14/1978 Rosalyn USA My Fathers Place

9/7/1979 Roslyn USA My Father`s Place 2 shows
9/8/1979 Roslyn USA My Father`s Place 2 shows

John W
Johnbox73

Postby Sinner Girl » 30 Jun 2011, 08:24

Johnbox73 wrote:9/3/1974 Roslyn USA My Father`s Place

12/5/1976 Roslyn USA My Father`s Place

11/14/1978 Rosalyn USA My Fathers Place

9/7/1979 Roslyn USA My Father`s Place 2 shows
9/8/1979 Roslyn USA My Father`s Place 2 shows

John W

Thank you for the info John W
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby brian_brady » 01 Jul 2011, 02:14

I don't want to sound bitter or arrogant, but can someone put a computer in front of Donal or Daniel Gallagher and take them to MuleTracks by Gov't Mule please ! I just listened to 1 hour and 12 minutes of Rory at My Father's Place (audio only) on youtube and it was fantastic ! a bootleg, but amazing ! Please don't make whoever put it there take it down. Just sell me an official Donal & Daniel approved digital download. Make a Rory Gallagher Digital Download web-site like Gov't Mule has for thier live music MuleTracks. Waiting for a record company to decide the time is right for them to put out more Rory music is the most frustrating part of being a Rory fan !!!! Especially when the CD is edited down to 60 minutes instead of crammed with 74 minutes. How many soundboard recording of Live Rory Gallagher concerts are sitting in the 'vault' . Seriously, if it's a full concert, convert it to digital, edit out the guitar tuning and pauses that are too long, double check the EQ and post it on a RoryLives web-site and sell it to me for $12.99 for mp3 or $14.99 for FLAC or .wav or lossless whatever. I would buy one every paycheck for as long as they were posted for sale.
brian_brady

Next

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • RADIO • TV • RECORDS