Rory album that had a single inside

Who's that calling way out there? I've got your signal loud and clear

Rory album that had a single inside

Postby monty » 30 Sep 2019, 16:45

One of Rory albums had a single with it one side was recorded at the Famous Glasgow Apollo.can anyone shed any light on this please
monty

Re: Rory album that had a single inside

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Sep 2019, 18:11

monty wrote:One of Rory albums had a single with it one side was recorded at the Famous Glasgow Apollo.can anyone shed any light on this please

Off the top of my head " Hellcat " comes to mind, which I think was a free single with album Stage Struck with "Nothin' But the Devil" side 2.
My memrory ain't as good as it "Used To Be". I could be wrong but there were other free singles with other albums but they were'nt live recordings?
I've fairly recently moved house, sizing down and didn't realise the extend of my Rory collection. I had a room dedicated to Rory in the old house but also had Rory framed pictures & memorabilia all over a 4 bedroom detached house. Now only 2 bedroom semi deteched house, with alot of the Rory stuff my guitars and drum kit taken up most of the space still to unback in second bedroom. With me still deciding where to put or what I'm going to do with it all?

I'll get back to you hopefully on this Jim to confirm. That's if nobody else knows the answer to your question.

Best Wishes & Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby vasdis » 30 Sep 2019, 18:20

There was an album that had a 7" single free with it when Rory was on the Chrysalis label one side was Hellcat available later as a cd bonus track.i'm sorry i can't remember what the other side was or which album without going into my loft.The single is the only Rory one i have,i don't know if there were any more ?
vasdis

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Oct 2019, 10:04

I found the single for Wayward Child/Keychain on Ebay, in mint condition. The vinyl itself is clear, and I played it once before framing it and displaying it on the wall. It surprised me when I came across it, because Rory always said he would not release singles. I have photos of it but I always have a heck of a time posting photos on the forum.

"Taken from the live album Stage Struck, CHR1280"

I am surprised that not more of these are mentioned, they must be exceedingly rare, since to my knowledge they were limited pressing promotions. And I have since looked for more, but I'm lucky to have found this one.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Oct 2019, 10:33

RobertaSparrow wrote:I found the single for Wayward Child/Keychain on Ebay, in mint condition. The vinyl itself is clear, and I played it once before framing it and displaying it on the wall. It surprised me when I came across it, because Rory always said he would not release singles. I have photos of it but I always have a heck of a time posting photos on the forum.

"Taken from the live album Stage Struck, CHR1280"

I am surprised that not more of these are mentioned, they must be exceedingly rare, since to my knowledge they were limited pressing promotions. And I have since looked for more, but I'm lucky to have found this one.

Yes Cynthia I remember ordering and buying that Wayward Child clear vinyl single on Chysalis label back in the day. This single did reach number 4 in the HM charts.
Rory / Chysalis did release also before this off Photofinish two EP's with Shadow Play & Brute Force & Ignorance with Souped Up Ford featuring.
Jay Jay

Postby JimLED » 07 Oct 2019, 14:15

Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Return to Rory Gallagher & Taste TV & Radio Material... All Studio & LIve Recordings