This Day in Rory History 13 April

I wanna cause no trouble, no fuss, no fight. But look out man you know this is Saturday night

On this date in Rory history 4/13...

Postby roryfan » 13 Apr 2011, 11:23

4/13/1973 San Bernardino, CA USA Swing Auditorium Deep Purple/Fleetwood Mac
4/13/1978 Manchester GB Apollo Theatre
4/13/1980 Newry IRL Hilltown Hall
User avatar
roryfan
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 02:45
Location: Sanatoga, PA USA

Re: On this date in Rory history 4/13...

Postby innuendo » 13 Apr 2011, 11:45

4/13/1973 San Bernardino, CA USA Swing Auditorium Deep Purple/Fleetwood Mac

that would be great to see rory at his best and also deep purple when they were at their peak, mk 2 line up rules! if only i have time machine
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Re: On this date in Rory history 4/13...

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Apr 2011, 12:23

innuendo wrote:that would be great to see rory at his best and also deep purple when they were at their peak, mk 2 line up rules! if only i have time machine


Likewise Kruno ... # I've been traveling in a time machine # I wish :lol:
User avatar
Jay Jay
 
Posts: 4724
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:03
Location: In Your Town

Re: On this date in Rory history 4/13...

Postby innuendo » 13 Apr 2011, 21:53

one of the first concerts i would visit would be that '79 festival with queen and rory on the bill
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
User avatar
innuendo
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 01:25
Location: Kickback City

Re: On this date in Rory history 4/13...

Postby Back to the 70s » 25 Mar 2012, 11:30

4/13/1978 Manchester GB Apollo Theatre

I may have been at this gig - either this one or the one at the Apollo on 15 December 1978, those being the only two at the Apollo that coincide with me being resident in Manchester.

Did the lighting/power fail part way through this gig and Rory do an acoustic set in complete darkness and silence until the lights came back on? It happened at one concert I went to and I'm fairly sure it must have been in Manchester.
User avatar
Back to the 70s
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 17 Mar 2012, 23:42

On this date in Rory history April 13

Postby roryfan » 13 Apr 2012, 12:26

On this date in Rory history April 13
Were you there? Have any stories? Any new information?
4/12/1972 Modena IT Bob Club2000 NEW DATE Thanks to Giulio Ragazzi for passing it along
4/13/1973 San Bernadino USA Swing Auditorium Deep Purple/Fleetwood Mac
4/13/1978 Manchester GB Apollo Theatre
4/13/1980 Newry IRL Hilltown Hall
john g http://www.roryon.com
http://www.petitiononline.com/RoryCork/petition.html
User avatar
roryfan
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 02:45
Location: Sanatoga, PA USA

This Day in Rory History 13 April

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Apr 2016, 18:17

On this date in Rory history: April 13
Were you there? Have any stories? Any new information?

4/13/1972 Modena IT Bob Club2000
4/13/1973 San Bernadino, CA USA Swing Auditorium Deep Purple/Fleetwood Mac
4/13/1978 Manchester GB Apollo Theatre
4/13/1980 Newry IRL Hilltown Hall

john g http://www.roryon.com
http://www.rorygallagherairport.com/
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rory ... alloffame/
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 3425
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

Re: This Day in Rory History 13 April

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Apr 2017, 01:39

13 April, 2017 Nothing new to report at this time

RobertaSparrow wrote:On this date in Rory history: April 13
Were you there? Have any stories? Any new information?

4/13/1972 Modena IT Bob Club2000
4/13/1973 San Bernadino, CA USA Swing Auditorium Deep Purple/Fleetwood Mac
4/13/1978 Manchester GB Apollo Theatre
4/13/1980 Newry IRL Hilltown Hall

john g http://www.roryon.com
http://www.rorygallagherairport.com/
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rory ... alloffame/
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 3425
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

Re: This Day in Rory History 13 April

Postby RobertaSparrow » 22 Apr 2018, 18:22

13 April 2018, no new information to report at this time

RobertaSparrow wrote:13 April, 2017 Nothing new to report at this time

RobertaSparrow wrote:On this date in Rory history: April 13
Were you there? Have any stories? Any new information?

4/13/1972 Modena IT Bob Club2000
4/13/1973 San Bernadino, CA USA Swing Auditorium Deep Purple/Fleetwood Mac
4/13/1978 Manchester GB Apollo Theatre
4/13/1980 Newry IRL Hilltown Hall

john g http://www.roryon.com
http://www.rorygallagherairport.com/
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rory ... alloffame/
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 3425
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

Re: This Day in Rory History 13 April

Postby RobertaSparrow » 24 Apr 2019, 22:50

RobertaSparrow wrote:13 April 2019, no new information to report at this time

RobertaSparrow wrote:13 April, 2017 Nothing new to report at this time

RobertaSparrow wrote:On this date in Rory history: April 13
Were you there? Have any stories? Any new information?

4/13/1972 Modena IT Bob Club2000
4/13/1973 San Bernadino, CA USA Swing Auditorium Deep Purple/Fleetwood Mac
4/13/1978 Manchester GB Apollo Theatre
4/13/1980 Newry IRL Hilltown Hall

john g http://www.roryon.com
http://www.rorygallagherairport.com/
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rory ... alloffame/
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 3425
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon


Return to This Day in Rory Gallagher History

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests