Those of us Who Met Rory.. Please do Tell . . .

I wanna cause no trouble, no fuss, no fight. But look out man you know this is Saturday night

Re: Those of us Who Met Rory.. Please do Tell . . .

Postby willie the pimp » 10 Dec 2018, 04:39

Still waiting for Photofinish's story......
willie the pimp

Postby Marquee 1983 » 13 Dec 2018, 14:34

You could be lucky mate.....now logged in as Marquee 1983
Marquee 1983

Postby isleofwight70 » 15 Dec 2018, 12:28

I met Rory for a few minutes in Taunton 1980.. I had seen him the night before in Malvern winter gardens a great gig.. Rory had some lit up sunglasses kaleidoscope multi coloured ones - so he liked a joke. We talked our way into the soundcheck .. the pass to get in was a cherry badge .. I said I had one .. they did not ask to see it .. we were in with Rory .. he appeared for the sound check through the patio / French doors for the Malvern winter gardens sound check with the kaleidoscope sun glasses for part of the sound check- and just went into a number which the tight band immediately picked up on. At the Malvern gig he brought out the sun glasses for a bit .. Brother and I slept in the car that night at the famous Cotswold garden Hidcote in the car park.. latter next day we went down to Somerset UK to Taunton town.. we were just walking the main shopping street when RORY.. Ted and Gerry appeared.. we went to talk to them .. no one was around .. Rory was quite , accommodating and friendly to us … I said Rory I ist saw you play at PLUMPTON near Brighton festival in 1970.. He looked perplexed and said... I can't remember that one ??? I said Deep purple headlined and Cat Stevens played too … he looked as he still did not know?
I then said well after that I saw you at the ISLE OF WIGHT 1970!
He then broke out into his typical huge smile and said... I remember - THAT ONE !!!
WE FOLLOWED RORY FOR 2 SHOWS OVERNIGHT IT WAS GREAT ESPECIALLY-
THE Malvern WINTER GARDENS SHOW NEAR THE BEAUTY SITE THE Malvern hills WHICH WE WALKED PRE GIG..

This took a few minutes the meet... by the end a swarm of fans was around us .. and they were asking for rorys autograph .. these he readily did .. MY RORY BRIEF, MEMORABLE MEETING. I think it was near a KFC Kentucky fried chicken.. perhaps the band came from there pre gig meal?
MY IST TIME BEING ABLE TO REPLY ON THE FORUM AS FORGOT ALL OF MY DETAILS … but kindly jj sorted me out … THANKS JJ... PETE IN Nottingham uK .. I loved Rory and got to around 50 shows lucky me !!!
isleofwight70

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 Dec 2018, 08:56

isleofwight70,

Thank you for sharing your experience, meeting with Rory.

I remember reading in one of the books about Rory and Cat Stevens on the same bill at some point, something about Cat Stevens being one of the people who influenced Rory about releasing singles, or not.

Sorry about the problems with posting to the forum. I think it's being worked on. :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Dwana Horner » 21 Dec 2018, 06:36

Everyone here already knows I knew Rory Gallagher and all my memories are posted here. (Oh I love the "Falling Snow".
How did you pull off this trick.. :D ??
Dwana Horner

Postby Sid_Sidow » 22 Dec 2018, 02:37

I guess I'm not everyone (or anyone) but I don't know history between Dwana and Rory.....
Little help here??

Where can I find the posts?
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby Dwana Horner » 17 Jan 2019, 00:39

I think everyone here knows Rory and I had a nice casual friendship.. all my memories have been posted here.
He's the best person I ever met in my life. He always assumed I'd learn to play guitar.. no chance. :lol:
I sleep with that guitar slide he gave me.. I never let it out of my sight.
I remember every word he ever said to me as if they were "looping" in my brain as a "movie''
I made a document on my computer of every dream, every word he said to me in visions. I've experienced
a lot of strange things in my house.. where I knew it was his spirit.
Dwana Horner

Previous

Return to This Day in Rory Gallagher History