The Blues Magazine Issue 23 August 2015

People they are writing until the ink turns green Trying to ruin my reputation send it to a magazine

The Blues Magazine Issue 23 August 2015

Postby SUBY1974 » 15 Aug 2015, 22:59

I was looking forward to this mag and I liked the articles. However it is full of inaccuracies and an insult to Rory. :twisted: I am doing a proofreading and copyediting course and I could have done a better job! They have a picture of Rory at the Marquee with Wilgar Campbell and Gerry McAvoy. The picture is labelled in the section Taste Sensation. When did Wilgar and Gerry morph into John Wilson and Charlie McCracken??? :shock: They also have a picture of Gerry and labelled it Richard McCracken the bassist of Stud??? There is another picture of Rory Gallagher Band Mark 1 and the heading says "Happier times even as the band fell apart, the shows were electrifying". Obviously they meant Taste? I say sack the proofreader and copy editor. Next time send the articles my way. I can do a better job. Get your facts straight tosspotts. Subrata. :cry: I will e-mail you tomorrow.
SUBY1974

Re: The Blues Magazine Issue 23 August 2015

Postby innuendo » 18 Aug 2015, 20:15

that's a shame and especially these days when you can find all the right information and pictures in just few clicks of the mouse.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Re: The Blues Magazine Issue 23 August 2015

Postby SUBY1974 » 20 Aug 2015, 19:18

Yes that's what their proof-readers and copy editors should have done. Subrata. :(
SUBY1974

Return to RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Articles and Magazines