Rory 1994 Guitar International Interview on Jimi and Others

People they are writing until the ink turns green Trying to ruin my reputation send it to a magazine

Rory 1994 Guitar International Interview on Jimi and Others

Postby capo » 13 Feb 2014, 18:08

There is a 1994 interview Rory gave Guitar International that I don't recall ever seeing before. In it he makes some revelations I have seen for the first time. For example, he mentions both Buddy Guy and Jimi Hendrix as his main electric Blues mentors. Also, prior to this interview, I recall him saying he regreted not meeting Jimi, even though they were in the same room once in London. Here he says he in fact shook Jimi's hand, which to me is exciting as they are two of my guitar heroes! You can read the interview at http://www.guitarinternational.com, click on the Guitar Heroes Interview section, and skip to page 10. As a aside, let me say Randy Bachman is a real w8**ker. At the bottom of Rory's interview, there are interviews you can go to that mention Rory. Bachman says he played a gig with Rory, and that Rory showed up wearing a golf shirt and dress pants, and then changed into his ripped jeans and flannel shirt and sneakers for the stage, to give him "street cred" says Bachman. Now, he implies that Rory was a phony and his stage gear was a costume of some sort. Maybe Rory did change into his stage gear, but it sure as hell wasn't to give him "street cred", or some kind of image to sell him self as a man of the people. I recall late in his life that Rory said he stopped wearing his trademark clothes because it felt like a uniform or "stigmata" as he put it, though his last gigs show his flannel shirt under his leather jacket. Point is, Randy Bachman is a a**hole. Nuff said. Read the interview, its interesting. Peace.
capo

Re: Rory 1994 Guitar International Interview on Jimi and Oth

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Feb 2014, 03:59

I've read the interview before, but never noticed that Rory and Jimi shook hands- I can envision a bolt of electricity passing between the two great men at that moment- two contemporaries, masters of the guitar. Oh, to have had a photo of that moment.

http://guitarinternational.com/2010/07/07/rory-gallagher-a-retrospective-conversation/

P.S. Randy Bachman doesn't have as much talent in his entire being as Rory had in his little finger. Bachman's comments sound like they are motivated by petty jealousy and envy, and I always thought BTO sucked big time, but that's just my opinion. :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Mike1970 » 13 Mar 2014, 16:35

As a Canadian, I can say with conviction that BTO defies physics, by sucking and blowing simultaneously ;-)
I would rather listen to Rory drop his guitar than anything in the entire Randy Bachman catalogue.
Mike1970

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Mar 2014, 23:48

Mike1970 wrote:As a Canadian, I can say with conviction that BTO defies physics, by sucking and blowing simultaneously ;-)
I would rather listen to Rory drop his guitar than anything in the entire Randy Bachman catalogue.

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

couldn't have phrased it better myself! :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Return to RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Articles and Magazines