RIP Claude Nobs

People they are writing until the ink turns green Trying to ruin my reputation send it to a magazine

RIP Claude Nobs

Postby roryfan » 11 Jan 2013, 03:14

From the Rory Gallagher Facebook page

We are saddened to learn today of the passing of Claude Nobs, the founder and general manager of the Montreux Jazz Festival. In 1970 Claude went to the Isle of Wight festival in 1970 in hopes of signing Jimi Hendrix and The Doors to Rock Shows in Montreux; after seeing Rory and Taste blistering performance there however, he signed Rory too. Thus beginning a long relationship with Rory at the Montreux festival. In the liner notes to the Rory Gallagher Live at Montreux collection, Claude had this to say about Rory: " Rory was one of the nicest people I ever met, as quiet backstage as he was wild onstage. The day he died I knew that rock and blues in Montreux would never be the same." With the passing of Claude Nobs the world has lost another great advocate for the Blues and music in general.
Montreux Jazz Blog
www.montreuxjazz.com

john g
roryfan

Re: RIP Claude Nobs

Postby Sinner Girl » 11 Jan 2013, 14:25

RIP Claude Nobs :(
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Re: RIP Claude Nobs

Postby innuendo » 14 Jan 2013, 09:25

rip funky claude
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Return to RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Articles and Magazines