Feature article on Rory's gear

People they are writing until the ink turns green Trying to ruin my reputation send it to a magazine

Feature article on Rory's gear

Postby Johno123 » 05 Apr 2012, 12:02

The new issue of Guitarist Magazine has a feature article on Rory's gear. Cover picture looks great!
Johno123

Re: Feature article on Rory's gear

Postby Back to the 70s » 05 Apr 2012, 16:21

Only in issue 354 of Guitarist…

Rory's Glories

To mark the 40th anniversary of the late Irish guitar legend embarking on his incredibly significant solo career, Guitarist sat down with Rory Gallagher's nephew Daniel, who has restored and remastered his solo albums to their original glory, and took a journey through the great man's finest hours

PLUS! Rory's gear is almost as iconic as the man himself, and Guitarist had the privilege of getting up close with some of Gallagher's most beloved gear, including THAT 1961 Fender Stratocaster…
Back to the 70s

Postby innuendo » 06 Apr 2012, 09:49

hope someone will provide us with some scans
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby alanssaab » 07 Apr 2012, 00:40

i was walking past the mag isle in morrisons tonight and spotted the head of rory's number ! 1 from 5 feet away :) lifted the mag mag up and became like a child again (i'm 45 ) a good read , not quite on par with the 2005 , issue , i'll see if i can get a copy of that up , cheers
Alan
alanssaab

Postby folkdeejay » 17 Apr 2012, 09:10

hot on the heels of the article comes this news ..

http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/news/201 ... ument_sale

What do people think ??

I don't know how I feel about this, tbh. :o

"we feel that the time has come to allow some of his collection to pass on to people who will once again make music with them."

Well - in that case, why not send them out on "indefinite loan" (like some artwork) to some of the higher profile music schools ?? Here in Manchester that would be The Royal Northern College of Music or Cheethams. There must be similar schools in Cork, Dublin, London etc etc where a prestigious vintage instrument would be prized and valued.

Or a pro-studio, like Peter Gabriels "Real World" set up - where the instruments and their heritage would also be appreciated (and used) by current recording artists.

I can think of loads of ways that this kit can be "active" again ...which, if that is the idea, I understand..... but these are ideas that don't involve selling (out) Rorys' proud heritage to the highest bidder. :cry: :?

Where are the proceeds going ? - to Donal, Daniel and the guitar store I assume. Perhaps the income from the back - catalogue, books and dvd's isn''t enough ?

Don't get me wrong - I would LOVE to buy a Rory-owned guitar or amp ..... but it would end up on my wall, never again to be featured in an article like "Rory's Glories" for example, or on display in Rory's native land.

The article was great .....but is also, it seems to me, an article with perfect timing for anyone revving up to flog the family silver ..... :cry:
folkdeejay

Postby RorysStrat » 05 May 2012, 19:08

It saddens me to see Rory's collection divided and sold. I wish I had the money to create a Rory museum and house it all!
RorysStrat

Return to RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Articles and Magazines