Rory in new Guitar Player Magazine

People they are writing until the ink turns green Trying to ruin my reputation send it to a magazine

Re: Rory in new Guitar Player Magazine

Postby asdesas » 14 Sep 2011, 00:38

It's heartwarming to read the glowing words used to describe Rory, his music, his performances, and his fans' reverence for him! The US may finally, finally, FINALLY be catching on.

Thanks for posting this, time to toddle off to the magazine stand and grab a copy for myself.

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby innuendo » 14 Sep 2011, 04:27

thanks a lot
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby asdesas » 15 Sep 2011, 03:19

The end of the article mentions something I've often wondered about--I wonder how many people around the world are named after Rory? (I can actually think of a few pets as well)

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 15 Sep 2011, 04:30

He may be the leading cause of all people named Rory post-1970! My dad discovered my name from his like of Jethro Tull. I'm not certain if my wife will let me do the Rory thing with a son or not.

-ian
bottleneckblues77

Postby innuendo » 15 Sep 2011, 23:38

bottleneckblues77 wrote:He may be the leading cause of all people named Rory post-1970! My dad discovered my name from his like of Jethro Tull. I'm not certain if my wife will let me do the Rory thing with a son or not.

-ian

cool thing is that rory can also be a girl's name. roger taylor's daughter is named rory (don't know if she was named after our rory)
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby mike6262 » 14 Oct 2011, 22:12

I have subscribed to Guitar Player magazine for several years I keep all my issues, I have a huge collection. I love the magazine, BUT they have really done a terrible job when it comes to Rory Gallagher. They occasionally give Rory a paragraph or two, maybe even a page. I would love to see a Rory Gallagher cover, the release of Notes From San Francisco would have been the perfect time. But they put some 13 year old kid on the cover I have never heard of before or since, geez!!!
mike6262

Postby asdesas » 15 Oct 2011, 04:21

Rory was a GP cover boy in "78, and they did a good feature on him in '72 or '73 also, so they did give him props when he was still with us. Also, some time in the mid 90's they did a nice half-pager on the making of Deuce; wish I could remember which issue it was--saved it for years and lost it in a flood!

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Articles and Magazines