Rory Guitar Player interview March 1978

People they are writing until the ink turns green Trying to ruin my reputation send it to a magazine

Rory Guitar Player interview March 1978

Postby slipkid » 04 Jul 2011, 06:00

Was talking about Rory articles in another thread and I mentioned I still had this old GP issue from the 70's. Was requested that I post the article so am giving it a go.

Please let me know if this is readable (or not)....or bear with me if I can't get the files uploaded....I'll figure something out eventually if this first attempt doesn't work.

Note that I bought this magazine new at the time. Started getting into the guitar seriously as a teenager back in the 70s. Subscribed to GP for about 20-30 years, as well as other mags that sprung up later. I used to have hundreds of guitar mags but sold off my collection last year. Kept this and a few other older issues.

OK, here is the cover...

Ooops. Says max allowable size is 256mb and won't let me upload it. This reduced file is about 590kb. I will have to go back and reduce all my jpgs further. Not sure if they will be readable at this resolution though...

Trying again ....here is the cover....sorry...this doesn't work.

Although the file is now less than 256KB, it is telling me "The image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 300 pixels wide and 300 pixels high. The submitted image is 599 pixels wide and 773 pixels high."

I give up.

If anyone else has a way to do this or wants to figure it out let me know and I will email you the files for you to upload. Or give me some kind of hints how to do. I don't think I can reduce these any further and even have them be readable.
slipkid

Re: Rory Guitar Player interview March 1978

Postby Jay Jay » 04 Jul 2011, 09:08

Hi Slipkid, go here (link below) it's FREE and easy to upload for your pages / pictures and resize to 640 x 480 or less.
Then after upload copy and paste forum direct link or other forum link ;)

http://imageshack.us/
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 04 Jul 2011, 11:52

actually if you give us direct link then you don't have to resize it, it's better to have it in higher resolution
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby slipkid » 04 Jul 2011, 18:05

Do you guys recommend imageshack over Photobucket for this kind of thing? I already have a photobucket account but have never messed with imageshack.
slipkid

Postby Sinner Girl » 04 Jul 2011, 18:10

slipkid wrote:Do you guys recommend imageshack over Photobucket for this kind of thing? I already have a photobucket account but have never messed with imageshack.

I have on Photobucket account too, but sometimes is better for this forum image shank beocuse pics are in High Resolution ;) ;) ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby slipkid » 04 Jul 2011, 18:33

OK, am wrestling with IMAGESHACK now. Sheesh they have a load of javascript crap on their pages. Total pain in the ass.

Am uploading the pages in hi-res telling them not to resize the images. Will post the links one at a time. Please let me know of you can get to these, there may be something else I need to to allow them to be shared or something...

The cover:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7361/rorygpcover.jpg
slipkid

Postby Sinner Girl » 04 Jul 2011, 18:39

slipkid wrote:OK, am wrestling with IMAGESHACK now. Sheesh they have a load of javascript crap on their pages. Total pain in the ass.

Am uploading the pages in hi-res telling them not to resize the images. Will post the links one at a time. Please let me know of you can get to these, there may be something else I need to to allow them to be shared or something...

The cover:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7361/rorygpcover.jpg

Thise looks great, keep posting hardly wait for more scans ;) ;)

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby slipkid » 04 Jul 2011, 18:49

I tested it for myself, logged out of Imgshack then clicked on each of the links and looks pretty good, so you guys should be aok.

I recommend rather than opening them in your browser, to do a right mouse click then select the option like "save target link as" then just save each of the JPGs to your hard drive. That should make it easier for you to use whatever viewer you want on your PC to read the stuff, zoom in/out etc.

I will have to reread the article myself, been years and years, but something cool I noticed just from the cover is that Rory is wearing a t-shirt from the Tower Theater, which is a great old concert place here in the Philadelphia area. I guess Rory must have played there in the '70's. I only ever saw him in smaller clubs in the 80's though.
slipkid

Postby Sinner Girl » 04 Jul 2011, 18:51

wow it's ok works perfectly ;) ;), Thank you for this

Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Articles and Magazines