Rory on front cover of July Guitar & Bass magazine

People they are writing until the ink turns green Trying to ruin my reputation send it to a magazine

Re: Rory on front cover of July Guitar & Bass magazine

Postby rifles » 09 Jun 2011, 18:34

Interesting in that it mentions that Rory jammed with Mitch Mitchell and Noel Reading. I wonder what that sounded like!!
rifles

Postby mac » 09 Jun 2011, 19:52

rifles wrote:Interesting in that it mentions that Rory jammed with Mitch Mitchell and Noel Reading. I wonder what that sounded like!!

I'd say it sounded like the Rory Gallagher experience, rifles :D

I enjoyed the article and pics. but as with nearly all these things had a few problems.It makes out that live in europe was the pinacle and it was all downhill after that and that Rory's career was somehow a failure.
Live in europe was the starting point for me when i was 15 and they just got better after that.

Good interview with John Wilson, should cheer up JJ.....NOT!
mac

Postby GRace » 09 Jun 2011, 20:01

innuendo wrote:thanks to jocarelo who sent me this link on pm. i thought he sent you as well guys and gals

http://avaxhome.ws/magazines/m_music/gu ... _2011.html

omg :) :) :)
Thanks a million for sharing! Very interesting stuff .... but all photos are well-known...
Last edited by GRace on 09 Jun 2011, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
~Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music.
MUSIC IS THE BEST!!!~
GRace

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Jun 2011, 20:03

mac wrote:Live in europe was the starting point for me when i was 15 and they just got better after that.

I agree with this more or less mac .. or I'd prefer to say the start of Rory's pinnicale / peak of his best years :)

Have not read the article yet, so cannot comment on John Wilsons words. No doubt they are complimentary about Rory ;)
Jay Jay

Postby rifles » 09 Jun 2011, 20:10

Your right about Johns comments Mac I does seem that the author thinks that it was all downhill from Irish Tour. My personal opinion is that the tone of the article seems to point to the fact that Rory could have been much bigger in the mainstream if he would have listened to producers ect. Im kinda glad he didnt cos thats what makes him unique. He went with what he belived was right an god bless him for it !!! derek
rifles

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Articles and Magazines