Play Guitar with Rory Gallagher book and cd

People they are writing until the ink turns green Trying to ruin my reputation send it to a magazine

Play Guitar with Rory Gallagher book and cd

Postby Shin Kicker » 05 Jun 2011, 02:54

Got my copy of the Play Along with Rory Gallagher book and cd this week. I must say this is outstanding, even revolutionary. The transcriptions are high quality, but it's the backing tracks that are special. I've heard many backing tracks in my time, some good and some not so good, but I have never seen a set of tracks for a single artist like this that are the genuine original studio tracks like this. It's truly inspiring to play along with Gerry, Rod, et al, even Rory. The tracks are mixed to modern standards and sound great. My eternal gratitude to whoever had the vision to make this book/cd happen.
Shin Kicker

Re: Play Guitar with Rory Gallagher book and cd

Postby fenderbass » 05 Jun 2011, 13:11

In total agreement with you.
I had hoped the first three books in this series would have had backing tracks CD's or maybe tuition videos, but this was a real surprise, actually being able to play guitar with Gerry, Wilgar, Rod, Lou, Ted and Brendan.
My main instrument is bass so I'm also listening to Gerry's bass and picking up new bass riffs also.
Not sure who's idea it was, but I think the suggestion came up in a list of questions on this forum for Donal and Daniel. As Daniel was the main man in the mixing etc of Notes From San Francisco, then he could have had some input. The info at the beginning of the book says, CD's mixed and mastered by Jonas Persson. Also says special thanks to Daniel for his help in preparing this volume.
fenderbass

Postby signals » 22 Jun 2011, 11:40

They've added it to the store on this site - http://www.backstreet-merch.com/bands/r ... em=rglgr18
signals

Postby Micky » 22 Jun 2011, 18:31

Shin Kicker wrote:Got my copy of the Play Along with Rory Gallagher book and cd this week. I must say this is outstanding, even revolutionary. The transcriptions are high quality, but it's the backing tracks that are special. I've heard many backing tracks in my time, some good and some not so good, but I have never seen a set of tracks for a single artist like this that are the genuine original studio tracks like this. It's truly inspiring to play along with Gerry, Rod, et al, even Rory. The tracks are mixed to modern standards and sound great. My eternal gratitude to whoever had the vision to make this book/cd happen.

Shin Kicker, all you gotta do now is-

Buy a RORY GALLAGHER copy signiture strat, get ya check shirt & denim jacket on then go down ya local pub and hire out the backroom, plug into your Marshalls, crank it up to 11 and-

START BLUES/ ROCKING!!!
Micky

Return to RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Articles and Magazines