Donal's book

Do you read me, well won't you tell me? If you read me, then please believe me, when I say

Donal's book

Postby Tom Jonas » 01 Feb 2014, 21:15

I have seen several refrences to a biography which Donal is working with.
Is that an ongoing project or just a fanciful wish??
Tom Jonas

Re: Donal's book

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Feb 2014, 21:19

It's an ongoing project that is probably a lot more work than he realized. . . :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tom Jonas » 01 Feb 2014, 22:39

Thanks Roberta.
I really look forward to whenever it will be published,
Strange, I have almost become obsessed with Rory Gallagher. The reason is that I more and more begin to consider him as one of the best. I grew up as a teenager with Cream, Eric Clapton, John Mayall, Fleetwood Mac and Peter Green and so on. But all the DVD's with Rory made me realise I missed one of the best. I am so sorry I missed his Scandinavian tours.
Right now I am listening to What in the World from Lorely 1982, a blues as good as anyone of Peter Green's or Clapton's.
When I see the smile of Rory when he starts a concert it is amazing. He enjoyed it. Really, very much.
Tom Jonas

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Feb 2014, 13:08

Tom Jonas wrote:Thanks Roberta.
I really look forward to whenever it will be published,
Strange, I have almost become obsessed with Rory Gallagher. The reason is that I more and more begin to consider him as one of the best. I grew up as a teenager with Cream, Eric Clapton, John Mayall, Fleetwood Mac and Peter Green and so on. But all the DVD's with Rory made me realise I missed one of the best. I am so sorry I missed his Scandinavian tours.
Right now I am listening to What in the World from Lorely 1982, a blues as good as anyone of Peter Green's or Clapton's.
When I see the smile of Rory when he starts a concert it is amazing. He enjoyed it. Really, very much.

I first heard Rory in recordings, and they definitely left an impression- he had an amazing sound. But to have seen him live, from the moment he'd step on stage, something in his stage presence, as you noted, from his first warm smile, and the joy in his eyes, he radiated that out to the audience. Rory was so genuinely happy to be there, playing his music, and all that positive energy just grabbed the audience and took us along. And I have gone to a lot of concerts and clubs, seen so many players, famous and not so much, and there was no one else like Rory. :D
RobertaSparrow

Return to RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE ~ Books and Biographies